Chapter 6

WEEK 1 - MONDAY

"What was that about? What are you doing on Friday?" Leah asks once the door is closed.

"Uhh.. I forgot to tell you this but uhh... I'm having a date with Liam on Friday?" It comes out more as a question than as a statement.

"O M G! That's amazing Lilly! Let us do your hair and make-up!" Michelle says, her voice loud with enthousiasm.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Leah asks and I trace a little bit of disappointment in her voice.

"I didn't really think about it untill now." I apologise.

"It's fine. As long as we get to do your hair and make-up." Sandra says with a big grin on her face.

I nod and walk back into the living room, jumping on the couch. Soon Joy follows, jumping onto me. Then Sandra and Michelle jump. I expect to feel another weight push on me but that doesn't happen. I struggle to get out of the mass of limbs. When I manage, I see Leah looking at us like we're annoying little kids that she has to babysit.

"Leah, what's wrong?" I ask her, knowing that she would've jumped on us too before Liam was here.

"Nothing." She shrugs.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me right?" I ask her.

She shrugs again and turns around, walking to the kitchen. I follow her, leaving a chatting and laughing Sandra, Michelle and Joy behind. I arrive in the kitchen and I see Leah looking through the cabinets.

"Leah, I know something is wrong. Please tell me." I beg.

Leah ignores me. She grabs a bag of M&M's out of a cabinet, walks past me and goes back to the living room. I decide to leave it for tonight, but I'm going to get it out of her. I walk back to the living room too and see that the girls put on a movie. I sit down on the empty spot on the couch, next to Joy.

"What's up with Leah?" She whispers in my ear.

"I don't know but I'm going to find out." I whisper back to her.

Joy nods and continues to watch the movie. I look at the screen too, but I don't really see what's happening. I don't even know what movie we're watching. My mind keeps going back to Leah and how she acted before and after Liam dropped by. I decide I don't want to think about it right now so I grab my phone. I unlock it and see a new text from Liam.

From: Liam

Sorry for disturbing you and your friends. Do you still want to go on that date Friday? Your friends didn't look very happy when they saw me...

I shake my head at what he said. I quickly type a reply.

To: Liam

Of course I want to go on that date! Can I know where we're going? :) Yeah, Leah doesn't look that happy since you left. I still don't know why.. I'll try to get it out of her later.

I send the text and start Candy Crush. I play this game, not focusing on the movie anymore. I realise that this is the second movie this night and that I haven't watched one of them. I feel slightly guilty, but I'm glad that the others have been watching both movies. My phone vibrates, indicating I received a message.

From: Liam

I'm not gonna tell you where we're going, but you need to dress warm :) I'm sure you'll get to know what's on Leah's mind. It just needs some time. Maybe she hasn't figured it herself yet.

I smile at the message. Why does he know what to do? What he texted gives me some kind of rest. I don't know.

To: Liam

I will dress warm. Hot. Whatever you want ;)

I look up at the girls. They're totally into the movie. The bag of M&M's Leah grabbed is empty now. The movie is running at the end. I quickly get up and kneel in front of the cupboard with dvd's. I look through it and pick the next two movies: Marley & Me and 21 Jump Street. A cry-movie and a comedy. I smile and put the movies on the table. I quickly go to my room, grab the blow matrasses. Two two-person matrasses and one for one person. I also grab a few blankets and the pillows. I take it downstairs but when I'm halfway down I drop the matrasses, which make loud thumps as they roll downstairs.

"Is everything alright?" Joy shouts as she comes to the hall.

"Help me for a second please." I chuckle at her facial expression when she sees what I'm carrying.

"What on earth are you planning to do with all this?" She asks.

"You'll see. Now help me." I grin.

Joy takes over some pillows, shrugs at my answer and walks downstairs again. I follow and drop everything on the floor next to the matrasses. Joy does the same. I walk into the living room.

"Is the movie done already?" I ask the others.

They nod.

"Good. Now get your lazy asses off the couch and help me move it." I tell them.

"Why?" Michelle asks.

"You'll see. Now help me." I say.

"That's the same thing she told me." Joy complains from behind me.

Michelle, Sandra and Leah chuckle. I think Leah just needed to bawl her eyes out at a movie. I walk over to the couch and lift it up. I get help from the others and we move the couch to the side of the room, creating space.

"I think I know what Lilly has planned." Leah grins.

"What has she planned then?" Sandra asks.

"A camp thing to sleep." Leah answers.

"Leah, you ruined it!" I say quasi angry.

"Yup, I ruined everything." She chuckles.

I walk to the hall again and grab the matrasses.

"Will you blow these up?" I ask.

"Sure, we'll do the dirty work." Joy jokes.

"That's why I have you around." I joke back.

We laugh and I get the pillows and blankets. Soon we're installed and all in our pajamas watching 21 Jump Street, since the girls don't want to cry anymore. Leah and I lay next to each other. Everything seems fine again.