Chapter 15

Kat's POV

FINALS. FINALS. FINALS. That's all my mind is screaming right now! And Niall... And Jen... And the boys... And the tour. It's just always running a hundred miles per hour-- all day, every day. 

Can't my life just stop for one moment? Let me breath? Noo, cause that would be too much to ask for! 

"Ow," I held a hand to my forehead as the pounding headache returned. I shook my head with a sigh. I got up from my desk and took some Ibuprofen. I went back over to my desk to study the terminologies on different shading techniques and how much they can make a difference. I can't wait for this horror to be over. Then all I have left is May term, which honestly probably won't be much better. 

I just want school to be over so I can be with everyone. I can start to enjoy myself more. I could really use that punching bag right about now. Damn, honestly, I didn't think Jen would have the guts to do that. But, it does help get anger and stress out-- exactly what she needed, I know that. And she didn't even have to tell me. 

The current song I was listening to, 'Jet Black Heart' by 5SOS, stopped playing and I looked at my phone, my eyebrows furrowing. Oh, it's Niall. I could use a small break. Just a small one. 

"Hey, Horan," I answered. 

He chuckled, "Hey, Kat. How's studying?" 

I sighed heavily, "Just fantastic." My tone completely sarcastic. 

"I'm sure it is... Look, I just wanted to tell you I love you and I know you'll ace these tests. You're gonna show them who's boss." 

I couldn't help laughing a bit, "Thanks, Ni. You are the best... In all seriousness, how are you?" 

Since his big blow up, some fans words on social media haven't been the greatest. And I know management hasn't been easy on him either. I mean, they haven't been with me either but I find my ways to deal with it-- not that though. 

"Uhm.." He sighed heavily, "Not so good. I really miss you, Kat. I swear, all I need right now is to hold you. But I can't." 

My heart ached hearing him speak those words. So do I. I want to be near him so much. I want to hear him speak in person. Not through some magical electricity in the air or through the computer screen. 

"Hey.. Me too. But we're gonna get through this. Just five more weeks." 

"That's all?" Niall laughed lightly. 

It made me smile, "Yeah.. That's all." 

I stared back down at the words that were permanently burned into my brain. I still have other things to study though. A lot. 

"I should probably let you go," Niall stated. It's like he can sense it. 

"Yeah.." 

I really hate this part. 

"I'll talk to you later, Kat. Text me when you're going to bed and make sure it's a decent time." 

I cleared my throat, "I will... I love you, Niall." 

"Love you too, princess." 

I hit end and the song resumed. And so did my college life. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the classroom, ready to take down the first final I have. It's my physical features test-- this focused on the face. Which, I don't know why I took this course. When I do the boys' sketches, I use their hair as the way to identify them. And all of their body types are different, so I factor that in too.