Chapter 2: Krista

The bright moon and the band of stars that shone across the dark sky was so beautiful that it blew my breath away. The lake also reflected the moon's beauty, making this scenery calming and relaxing. 

"Wow, amazing," I mutter to myself. I have never seen this place before though, "Where am I? What is this place? How did I end up here?... Is this a dream?" I asked myself. 

"You are in the Land of Paradise," a female voice spoke from behind me. Her voice was so gentle and kind sounding like a mother comforting a child. 

When I turned around to see the woman, a blinding light flashed before my eyes causing me backup.

"Wh-what the hell?!" I shouted.

"Do not worry, Child.  We will meet again," said the woman. 

Next thing I knew, I was in my bed gasping for air. Who was she? It's got to be a dream, right? Land of Paradise... pfft, what a joke, I thought to myself. I looked at my clock and it read 6:00 a.m. I might as well get ready for school since I'm awake. I get out of bed and began my daily morning routine. 

A few hours later, I was in school talking to my friends until all of a sudden my dream came up in my mind. Should I tell them? I looked at my friends who were chatting happily. No, I'll tell them later, I guess. Telling them about my dream would be pointless since nothing really happened that might interest them. 

I tried butting into their conversation, "So, looking forward to anything today?"

Beth tilted her head at me, "What do you mean? Like, what I'm excited about for today?" I nodded, "Oh! I'm so excited for cooking class. I heard we get to bake some cupcakes today!" Beth answered excitedly like a child. 

"W-well, I have art class today so that's fun," replied Anna.

"Aww... I really wanted to join art. I always wanted to improve my drawing skills, plus it sounds so fun," I whined. 

"I can't wait to see Lionel!" spuealed Stacy. 

My attention turned to Stacy by the time she mention his name, "You're having Lionel as your classmate?"

She nodded heartily, "Yep! I can't wait! Just seeing makes my heart race!" Wow, she's so into him. 

"Well, good luck to all of you, I guess," I bidden to them. 

"How about you, Krista? What are you excited for?" asked Beth. 

I pondered about the question for a while. I wasn't excited for anything but I tried to answer, "Hmm... maybe... Math?"

All three of them looked at each other and looked at me, "Nerd!"

I lightly blushed, "Sh-shut up! I find Math quite interesting!"

Stacy shrugged her shoulders and stood up, "Well, that's just you I guess."

All four of us laughed. I stood up after laughing, "I have to go, guys. My class is really far away from here. I'll see-" I was cut off by the squeals and shrieks of the girls of the school.

"Oh my gosh! It's Lionel! He's here!" yelled a girl. Soon enough, the girls in the area all gasped as Lionel walked in with a cool attitude. His dark hair swung lightly and his gorgeous eyes scanned the crowd as if looking for something. Unfortunately, his eyes landed on me. I froze in fear. L-Lionel?! I have to get away from him! Something about him doesn't feel right to me! Before I said anything to my friends, I dashed away from them and Lionel.  I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to meet him. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't even look back.

-----------------------------------------------

Finally, school ended. As always, I walked home but the feeling of someone watching was unbearable. I broke into a sprint until I reached my house. Once inside, I felt safer and relaxed. 

I let out a deep sigh, "Thank goodness... I'm home... I guess I'll prepare my dinner."

As I was eating, I felt kinda lonely. This was one of the burdens of living alone. You don't get to talk to anyone about your day, how you feel, and anything interesting you want to talk about. 

Knock, knock. Someone was at my door. Who could it be at this hour?

I walked towards the door and slowly opened. When I opened it, my skin turned pale. 

"L-L-Lionel?!" I yelped. He looked at me with those terrifying yet alluring eyes. His stare made me feel so weak, so vulnerable until he spoke...

"Krista, right? May I come in?" asked Lionel. What should I say?! Yes or no...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screw it! I'm writing Chapter 2! I don't want to lose interest in this story. Just like Chapter 1, the questions:

What will be Krista's answer? Why did Lionel come to her home? 

Please like, comment, vote, and share~

See 'ya~