Chapter 7: Stocked Up

I had no time to mourn over Jess, later I would. I looked around for an escape, zombies were closing in fast. I would have to fight my way out of this. I pulled out my knives and at each oncoming zombie I aimed for the head. I was surprised how easy it was to plunge a knife into someone or something's skull. I didn't consider these things the slightest bit human. Cold blood ran down the knife and up my arm, I shivered as more and more blood ran down my arm. I saw an opening, I took my chance and ran for it. I gripped onto the side of the building and climbed the railing. Something grabbed at my leg and started pulling me down. I kicked it repeatedly in the head into its head caved in. I was high enough up now that nothing could get me. Izzy was on her knees on top of the building crying. There was no way I could get over to her. Scarlett and the others came riding in on their bikes. Scarlett pulled out her shotgun and massacred them all. I smiled at what had just happened, they would be fine without me for a while. I needed to get cleaned up and get new clothes. I walked across the buildings until it was safe to get down. Once I got down I headed to the closest clothes shop. The first shop I came across was an op shop. It was getting dark, it looked like a pretty secure place to sleep for the night. I pried open the metal roller door that was rolled over the front door. I went in the shop was pretty neat with a lot of useful things inside. I walked in a stripped off my clothes, I had a deep gash from where I cut myself on the latter. I walked further through the shop. In the back there was a small bathroom with a shower. I turned the tap, it was solar heated so there was warm water. I showered for a while cleaning off all the blood and grime from the last couple weeks. It felt good to be clean and not have dirt and dried blood all over my body. I washed my hair too. I dressed in a new pair of jeans and a black shirt with a thermal underneath. I put on a black jacket over the top. Once my hair was dry I picked up a pair of scissors and went into the bathroom. I took a deep breath then cut off my long blonde hair. By the time I was done it was a little above my shoulders. I kind of liked it like that. I bandaged my the gash on my hip. I looked around the shop before finding a blue black pair of steel cap boots. I smiled at myself knowing the steel cap ends will help with kicking the heads of zombies in. I looked down at my weapons, my knives were broken and blunt they were no use anymore. My gun had no bullets, but I tucked it into the waistband of my pants anyway. My switchblade was still sharp, but it was for more close range combat. I walked around looking for any weapons. Around the back of the shop in a case laid a shiny Kopis. I picked it up and examined the blade, it was dangerously sharp, perfect for someone who is dangerous. I grinned to myself imagining what I could do with this wonderful blade. I sliced it through the air mimicking what I would do to a zombie. With a clean slice I could chop off a zombies head. I picked up its sheath and found a black leather belt. I attached the sheath to the belt. My stomach rumbled with deep hunger, I remembered I hadn't eaten anything or drank anything in a long time. I winced as the pain sliced through me. I really had to eat something. I found a few bottles of water that gulped down greedily and two cans of baked beans which I ate. I found a pillow and a few blankets and slept a dreamless sleep.