EIGHT

KIM DONGHYUN

"Oh, Jungkook-ssi. So, Jongsuk-ie is actually your brother?", I laughed to myself miraculously when I realised how fate was playing with us.

It was such a coincidence that Jeon Jongsuk was also the young boy who picked up my coin back on the other day.

Staring at the boy who was sitting up on his bed while happily sipping to the orange juice which his brother had bought him, he smiled at me.

"Yeah noona! I am glad that you met my hyung. Hyung is a really nice guy and he's a policeman,"

I returned him with a smile as he then went on and on about how great Jungkook is, but checking the file on his desk, I read through the documents thoroughly before the smile soon turned into a frown.

I looked back at Jungkook and he just nodded his head at me. Taking a seat next to Jongsuk's bed, I then asked,

"So Jongsuk-ah, how are you feeling today?"
"I feel great. Anyway noona, do you still remember the lucky coin I picked up the other day? I feel that it's giving me lots of luck lately as I can feel myself getting stronger day by day,"

Ruffling his hair, I chortled at his analogy, but to be honest, my heart sank deeply inside.

"That's great to hear," I held onto his hand and patted on the back of it,

"Next time, get your hyung to bring you out more often to hunt for more of such pennies alright?"
"Ne! Hyung, you heard that?" He jerked his head at Jungkook.

"Yes, loud and clear," he replied and taking a few steps closer to him, he began tucking Jongsuk into bed.

"Alright now, get some rest and save your energy to talk to eomma when she arrives later. Hyung will probably stop by here again once I clear the other cases on hand," Jungkook pushed his brother's fringe towards the back of his head and printed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnight," I waved goodbye to the young fella and then left the ward along with Jungkook.

Once we stepped out of the ward, I stole a glance at him.

"Jungkook-ssi, your brother-"
"Donghyun-ssi, I know that it's way too fast, but can I ask you out on a date?"

I was taken by surprise by his sudden change in topic. However, I could tell that that's probably because he didn't want to talk about Jongsuk's condition. Hence, I only remained silent, raising an eyebrow at him.

"It's alright if you feel uncomfortable with me. I m-mean I'm totally cool with-"
"Jungkook-ssi," I cut in to his words,

"You know what? You look extremely cute when you are all flustered like this," I gave him a genuine smile and taking his hand, I said to him,

"I'm more than happy to join you,"

"Asa!" Hearing this good news, he pumped his fist up into the air and I could see those eyes of his glistening with joy.

"I will let you know about the timing and venue again. But for now, I'll have to get going," he chirped and was just about to leave when I called him back.

"Wait, I haven't given you my number,"
"It's alright. I have it,"
"But how?"

"Only an idiot would leave this behind," he placed his hand into his pocket and fished out something to wave it in the air.

"I'm sure Dr. Park will have many regrets in his life,"

---

PARK JIMIN