20. Grief

Jacey's POV

It has been a week since my mother passed away and I have never left my bedroom, only to go to the toilet and that's it.

I haven't eaten.

I can't sleep properly.

I haven't talked to anyone unless it was urgent.

I'm basically just dying. 

I am heading over to America tonight to attend her funeral with dad. I haven't prepared a speech yet, I just don't know what to say.

Apparently Caden has been around a few times asking for me but I told Marcus to not let anyone in. I haven't told Dustin what is happening but I think he has figured it out.

"Jacey, you in here?" Dustin said knocking on my door.

"Dustin. Leave me alone"

He didn't listen, instead he just came into my room and sat next to me on my bed. He tried to pull all my blankets off of me but I just gripped them tighter.

"Jacey, you need to come out soon, your bags are only half packed and you are leaving tonight aren't you"

"I don't care"

"Your mum wouldn't want you grieving like this"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY MUM!" I yelled at him, ripping the blankets off me and staring at him with anger.

"Jacey I know what you are going through, I went through it all before, but you need to get out there and show people that you are a strong girl. Cause you are. You are the strongest girl I know"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his chest and cried heavily.

He rubbed my back and buried his head in my hair.

I don't know how he can stand being around me, I probably smell so badly.

I pulled away and wiped my face with my face.

I stood up and Dustin hugged me tightly.

"I'm gonna go take a shower" I said shakily.

"Yeah, you smell" Dustin said.

I shoved him playfully and walked to the bathroom with my head hung low.

I cleaned myself up and felt really nice after it, I felt so disgusting before.

I got back to my room and Dustin was still in my room and he was laying on my bed.

I walked into my walk in wardrobe and shut the door behind me.

I grabbed some yoga pants and a shirt from Victoria Secret and slipped them on over my bra and underwear.

I opened the door and grabbed my hair brush off my bedside table. I put my hair in a side ponytail and then went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and also put on perfume.

I walked back into my room and finished packing while I could feel Dustin's eyes on me the whole time.

 Once I finished packing everything up I turned around and Dustin was still staring at me.

"What?" I asked nervously. He stood up and walked over to me.

"You are just so god damn beautiful"

I smiled up at him and stared into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me softly just like the first time we kissed. I grabbed the back of his head and pushed it towards me so he would harden the kiss.

He grabbed my legs and lifted me up so I would have to wrap them around his waist. He pushed me up against the wall and kissed me passionately.

"Oh god, I am so sorry, I thought you were in here Dustin" Reece said. I quickly pulled away from Dustin and looked at Reece; he was smirking at the both of us.

Dustin put me down and I ran to the other side of the room and picked up my phone.

"I will um leave you guys for a minute but um dad said that you have to leave now Jacey"

I nodded my head and he left.

Dustin walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I am gonna miss you, you are going for a week right?"

"Yeah" I said quietly.

"Be safe alright?"

"I will"

"Have a good flight"

I nodded my head and he leaned down and gave me a short but sweet kiss.

He unwrapped his arms from my waist and took a step away from me.

I grabbed my bags and headed downstairs with Dustin behind me.

Marcus took my bags from me and put them in his car.

"Where are your bags?" I asked him quietly when he got back in the house.

"In the car" he said.

I waved goodbye to everyone and walked outside next to Marcus.

We hopped in the car and drove off towards the airport.

"So what is happening between you and Dustin. I have heard that you guys are getting very close"

"It's nothing Marcus"

"You are my little girl and I want to know about any boys in your life"

"You lost the privilege to call me your little girl when you walked out on mum. What was Reece and Anna-Maria more important to you than mum and I. So whenever you said that you were going to Australia for those business trips, it was actually to have sex with Anna-Maria" I said angrily.

"Jacey you don't understand"

"I don't understand? Tell me what I don't understand then!"

The car went silent and I nodded my head.

"Thought so" I said under my breath.

We arrived at the airport and I hopped out of the car straight away.

"Jacey, I don't want you to be angry with me but I am not going to America with you"

"What?" I asked confused.

"I couldn't get any time off work so I can't go with you to America"

"How could you be so disrespectful! I have lost all my respect in you now! I was actually thinking about forgiving you for leaving mum and I but now you have lost all of that! I am never going to forgive you for what you have done to my family! I hate you" I said yelling at the end.

I grabbed my bags from the boot of the car and left towards the airport without saying goodbye to Marcus.

Feedback please! Sorry for the short chapter :/

Vote

Comment

Fan

<3