CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

“Whoa! Party, party!” People in the club take pleasure through dancing in the dance floor, drinking alcoholic drinks and loud music. Every corner has its own world. Almost every night I’m in the same club where Margaret first brought me. I’m cutting classes too, learn how to smoke and drink like never before. I have three piercing on my right ear and one on my belly button. I feel cool and unique about it.

One time I entered the class and nobody wants to talk to me even my friends Chrysene, Luke and Eunice maybe they are tired of me. In addition the teacher kicked me out of class and was called to the prefect of discipline and informed me that my grades are failing and warned me that I will be a candidate for drop out. After all the sermons I heard, I went straight to the dormitory, good thing I was alone. I sat in my bed resting my head on the wall, I scanned the entire room and my eyes fixed on the picture frame at the top of the study table. I stood up and picked it up. I return to my bed with frame in my hand, I stared at it. Unconsciously my tears fell; I just noticed it when it landed on the glass of the frame.

On the picture is my whole family with bright smile on our faces--- dad, mom, my two elder sisters and myself. I feel guilty of what I’ve done! I disappointed them. At that jiffy I made up my mind. I’ll stop this nonsense of mine and be back to the real me. I removed the piercings on my ear and belly button, washed the makeup painted on my face and change my clothes. When the sun sets I went to my classmate’s room. I knocked twice and the door opened; Hannah was surprised to see me.

“Hi, can I borrow your notes? I want to study of what I’ve missed lately.” When I said that, I saw her face brighten like a sun every morning. She let me in not only to lend me her notes but she tutored me also! I was so touched of her kindness.

The next day, the real me was back. I greeted my classmates when I passed them and I almost laugh of their faces; they seemed so shocked. I went in front beside the teacher’s table, breathe deeply and asked forgiveness for the rudeness I had done to them; I almost made a speech. I saw some brushing their tears, while others were glad that the genuine Liz is back. Then everyone surrounded me and we group hug. During break time I did not join Luke, Chrysene and Eunice for I have something else to do. I approached my teachers one by one and say sorry for all the troubles I brought them; as my classmates did, they were happy that I chose the right decision. Since then I attended the class regularly, participate to all activities and studies my lesson every night. For the effort I’ve done, I made fruitful harvest--- good grades but this time I wasn’t included in the ranking.

For these experiences I learned a lot of things. And I will treasure it forever even if it is a bitter one for it made me stronger. Those things happened to me made me realize that I should not rush up for things; I better wait for the right time. Besides of the nightmare I’ve been through still I woke up and found myself --- THE REAL ME.