Chapter 2

Hi! I'm Payton James. I am 17 years old and I'm a junior at Mulberry High. I have a 10-year-old sister, Rose, and a 8-year-old brother named Lucas. I don't like being the oldest. I've always want an older brother but my mom just wouldn't adopt! Haha
:) Speaking of my mom, my parents are still happily married -thankfully- and they work together as attorneys. They work a lot so I usually am the babysitter.

I work at the Subway in my small town. You've probably never heard of Mulberry. It's located in Florida between Orlando and Tampa. We are known for...well nothing really. I go to church in the town over, Lakeland. I love my church! I help I help in the nursery and the kid classes sometimes. I adore little kids, but they can be pains too!

How would I describe myself? I'm Christian, I love God and try to be more like him, though it can be hard. Especially at school. I'm intelligent, funny...and I guess some people would say shy. I don't agree. I'm only shy if I don't know you or like you or if you intimidate me. Once I get to know you, I am crazy and can't shut up. I have long dark brown hair, with lots of split ends. It gets frizzy all the time....I need it cut. My eyes are a dark, chocolate brown. I think my eyes are my best feature, but they are covered up by my black nerd glasses. I don't often wear contacts, they irritate my eyes. My cheeks are chubby. I hate them. Some people say I have a baby face and pinch my cheeks. And when I smile, my cheeks look fatter. I can't smile with my mouth open, because my teeth won't show and it looks funny. I'm not model skinny, but I'm not Honey Boo-Boo fat either. I'm not a girly girl. I don't wear all the designer brands. So yeah. I'm not super attractive. Maybe that's why I've never had a boyfriend. Yup. Never had one. I'm not boy crazy but everyone thinks I am. I think boys are cute, and I say it all the time, but that doesn't mean I like them. I don't even know half of the boys I say are cute! My friends talk to guys I don't know all the time. I don't get out much because my parents are overprotective and I also babysit.

Let's talk about music, movies, and books. I am a hardcore fangirl. I read The Hunger Games series, The Divergent series, The Maze Runner series...I love to read. I'm not really into Harry Potter or any of that stuff though.

But yeah...I read the book and then watch the movie. I freak out if the movie doesn't follow the book. Heh...sorry, but the book is better. I love any superhero movies or TV show. My favorite shows are Arrow and Teen Wolf. Dylan O Brian and Colton Haynes...

Music...I can't describe my love for music. I have to be near a music source at all times. Music shows emotions that people can't show sometimes. When I'm sad, I listen to music. When I'm happy, I listen to music. I love Anthem Lights, Skillet, 5 Seconds of Summer, pretty much any genre of music.

My friends are Tyler, Zander, and Dakota. Well, I have other friends, but they aren't as close as these three. Tyler and Dakota have been my friends since 8th grade. We were paired together for a project and really got along. They are both boy crazy! Yeah, they are girls...Tyler has a new boyfriend every other week; Dakota keeps hers for about three months. And Zander...he's my neighbor. Yep, he's the boy next door. When I moved in, he was sitting in the balcony that connects our rooms. We hated each other at first, and he was a sex-crazed, party animal. But when I came, he suddenly changed. We talk every day now. Sure, we fight, but the next day or so, we are back to pranking and loving on each other like best friends. At school, everyone thinks it's weird that a boy and girl could be best friends without dating. I used to think we would get together, but I realize now that we can't jeopardize our friendship. It would just be awkward to date my best friend. But what do I know about dating?

That's pretty much it...the life of Payton James.

《《《《《《《《《

Thanks! I'll try to update often, but school and marching band take up lots of time. It's surprising how much time marching band takes. It's more time consuming than a sport! :/

~Meghan ♥