Chapter 6.5

Finally. The bell rings and I head out of the school. I speed walk to Zander's car. I didn't feel like driving this morning, so the kids and I bummed a ride with him.

As I stand there waiting for him, I watch as everyone walks by. Tyler and Dakota walk by. "Bye! Love ya!" I nod and grin cheesily. "Love you! Text me," I say back. I lean against the car.

Ten minutes later, and still no sign of Zander. What is taking so long?! I pull out my phone and text him. 'Where r u? HURRY UP, slowpoke.'
Shortly later, my phone dings. 'Wow. Caps lock? Sorry, I forgot I drove u this morning. Give me a minute, I was talking to Brock.' Brock is the head football coach.

I look to the building and see Zander running out. When he reaches me, he hugs me. "I'm so sorry," he says into my hair. He opens the car door for me, like a gentleman.
"Thank you. You didn't have to run."
"I felt so bad! I didn't wanna keep you waiting any longer."
"Oh. Thanks."

We turn out of the parking lot and talk on the way home.
"Did he text you?" Zander asks curiously. I look at my phone, know the answer already.
"Nope."
"Oh. Sorry."
"Its not your fault, dude!"
"I guess not..."
"So are you going to Six Flags?"
"Heck yeah! I'm so pumped!"
He hits the steering wheel in excitement. I widen my eyes at his outburst.

My phone vibrates in my hand, and I type in my password. I have a text from a number I don't recognize. I smile crazily while my eyes scan the message. 'Hey. It's Clay. How are you?'
"Alexander Owen Stewart! He text me!!!" I squeal.
"Yeah?"
"What should I say?"
"Say...'hey, I'm good. How are you?' And add a smiley face."
"No! I can't sound too...actually...that's decent. Okay."

I type in the text and hit send. I drop my phone into my lap and look out the window. He actually texted me, I smile to myself. I picture his handsome face in my mind, spacing out completely.

Zander pulls into his driveway and puts the Jeep in park. He slides out, and I follow him across the lawn to my house. He opens the door and we step inside.

"Hello? We're home!" Zander calls, as if this were his house. I would do the same at his house though...

Today is the last day of his grounding. He is super pumped to be able to play sports and hang out with people again. I guess his grades are good enough now. Probably because I helped him. I chuckle to myself.

Entering the kitchen now, we hear soft chatter. Rose and Luke are talking and grabbing pretzels straight from the bag. I hear a slurping noise, and see Luke drinking his juice box loudly.

Zander walks past Luke, ruffling his hair. Then he does the same to Rose.
"Zandie! Stop!!" She squeals. For some reason, she calls Zander Zandie.
"Sorry," He winks at Lucas, and he laughs.

Zander spots the bag of pretzels and scoops it up, jumping onto the counter. I follow suit, grabbing two juice boxes and sitting beside him.

'How was school, kiddos?" I ask, chomping on a pretzel.
"Good. I passed my spelling pre-test. I don't have to take it again on Friday," Rose says proudly.
"I had pizza at lunch! I was cheese." Like smiles, looking as happy as his sister.
"Well, I'm so proud of you guys. Keep it up!" I say.

Zander slides off the counter and helps me off. He grabs the bag of pretzels and I snatch some more juice boxes. We take our backpacks and the food upstairs to work on homework.

At around 5:30, the empty bag of pretzels and juice boxes are scattered on the ground, and our homework is finished. It takes so long to do our homework because of the distractions. I take my phone from Zander, stopping his selfie-taking party.

4 unread messages. 3 are from Adam and ...1 from Clay. I open Clay's, and Zander reads it from over my shoulder. 'I'm great. School is getting better :) I have a few friends now. Lol'
I reply, 'Awesome! That's really good. What's your favorite class?'
Seconds later... 'Probably economics. You?'
'Ew. Lol uh...I guess art.'
'That's cool :) I g2g. I'll text you tomorrow?'
'Yeah! Sure. :)'

I am grinning ear to ear, and Zander gets up with a sigh. "Well, bye. See ya tomorrow."
I wave, acknowledging his departure. It has been a long day. I decide to take a little nap, then wake up for supper in a little bit.

《《《《《《《《

¡Hola! Haha I'm in Spanish right now so... :P

¿Cómo está? I am so sorry that I haven't updated. Thank you guys for reading. I love you guys so much!

Romans 5:8

...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.