Chapter 1: New school

A large navy blue Chevy Suburban pulled up to a six story red brick building. Ivy climbed up half of the walls' surface, the windows shutters were painted white, four steps led up to white double doors. There were well manicured green lawns, large oak trees, flowering bushes the whole shebang. It was hard to imagine the building the vehicle had just pulled up in front of was Rasengan Hall, a dormitory for the all boys school Konoha Academy. Konoha Academy, a prestigious school that educates youths in the Arts. AKA, it was a giant private school that teaches teenagers spells, curses, charms and what not. As an added bonus they get to blow shit up!

"Well here we are," said Tsume. She had medium length shaggy brown hair, her eyes were brown, and she had two red fangs tattooed onto her face, one on each cheek. She was wearing deep brown slacks and a cream silk blouse. In the seat beside her was a large bluish grey wolf looking dog with an eye patch, Kuromaru, Tsume's familiar. "Kiba, are you listening to me?" she asked looking into the back seat.

Kiba, a sixteen year old boy with the same shaggy brown hair, brown eyes, and red fangs, was presently doing his best to ignore the fact that the vehicle had come to a stop. Next to him sat a small white dog with brown ears. Akamaru was Kiba's familiar. "Nope," Kiba said. He didn't have time to dodge the cellphone directed at his face.

"Get. Out. Now." Tsume instructed as she opened her door, Kuromaru following after her.

Kiba looked over to Akamaru who just barked at him. Kiba understood what his familiar meant, 'Better do as she says.'

"Fine," Kiba said opening the door. Akamaru jumped out of the Suburban shifting size as he did so. When he landed his head came to Kiba's shoulder. Kiba scratched behind Akamaru's, now, large brown ear. "Show off," Kiba remarked as he walked around to the back of the Chevy to help his mom with his bags. "Remind me again why I have to go to this school."

"Because I got transferred so we could be closer to Hana, and this is the only school that teaches the Arts within this area," Tsume said.

"You should be grateful, Konoha Academy is a great school," Kuromaru said. Kuromaru couldn't change his size like Akamaru but he did have the ability to communicate in human tongue, unlike Akamaru.

"Yeah, yeah, I know! You've only been saying that since we moved last week," Kiba said taking out his suitcase. "I just don't see why it's necessary. I mean couldn't I've just stayed at my old school?"

"NO!" Tsume and Kuromaru said at once. Both horrified at the idea of leaving Kiba alone, in a town several hours away from them. The Powers only knew what kind of trouble the boy could get into.

"Besides, this school is much better than Otogakure High," said Tsume. "You will learn a lot more here, be taught by world famous teachers, and you can have Akamaru with you at all times."

"Well that's a plus!" Kiba said petting his familiar's head. His last school didn't allow the presence of familiars unless it was for Gym. Which meant every student would have to summon their familiar before the class started.

The doors opened and a tall teen with flame orange hair, red eyes, and tan skin walked out. On his heels was a small red fox, with black tipped ears, tail, and feet. "Kiba Inuzuka?" the other boy said. Kiba nodded. The boy standing before him was wearing the schools uniform tan pants, a white shirt, a blue blazer, and a blue and gold tie with an IV pin signifying him as a Senior. On the pocket of the blazer was a shield emblem cut into four sections. The upper left hand corner and lower right hand corner were solid gold. In the upper right hand corner there was a sword crossed with a wand over a partially open scroll. In the lower left hand corner was three books stacked on top of each other, with a crystal ball placed at the very top. Kiba noted it was the schools code of arms. "Hi, I'm Kyuubi Namikaze the dorm leader," Kyuubi said with a small smile. "This," he said looking down to the small fox, "is Ayame." The fox yipped in welcome.