Chapter 37: Waterfall Confessions

Hey everyone!

How is everyone doing today? Good I hope.

I'd just like to say thanks for all the support this story has been getting, it's been amazing.

I know I don't thank you very often, but just know that I do appreciate it, and it means a lot to me.

Also, I figured it was about time a certain event happened, so here you go, Chapter 37!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Gray's POV~

After lunch, we headed over to our third waterfall location, which wasn't a long ride, just an annoying one.

Flame Br- I mean Natsu sat on the seat across from mine next to Happy, and they both kept whispering to each other, often sending glares my way.

I tried to ignore them by focusing on who was sitting next to me.

Juvia. Her beautiful blue hair, her kind eyes and her gentle smile that made my heart go crazy.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't deny the fact that I liked her. Being around her made me happy. Happy enough to ignore the annoying fire wizard and his blue cat.

If she started going out with Lyon, then I wouldn't know what to do. I couldn't afford to loose my chance, because I didn't know if I would get another one.

Soon enough we reached our destination and filed out of the bus.

As I reached the waterfall, my jaw dropped. It was huge. The waterfall emptied into what could be considered a lake.

But that's not what made my jaw drop. It was the height of the waterfall. This would be the biggest jump of the day.

I looked around to see that mostly everyone had the same reaction as me.

Natsu and Gajeel, along with Happy and Pantherlily grinned and immediately jumped off, creating a huge splash once they reached the bottom.

"Is Gray not going to jump?" A voice asked me.

I looked to my right to see Juvia standing there, her eyes trained on the bottom of the waterfall.

"I will if you will," I proposed.

"Juvia will jump if Gray jumps."

"It's decided then." I held my hand out in front of Juvia.

She raised an eyebrow at me, but took my hand.

"On the count of three," I said.

Juvia nodded.

"One."

"Tw-"

I didn't get to finish because Juvia jumped and I was pulled along with her.

The breezy wind rushed through my hair, my adrenaline pumping. We created a huge splash once we reached the bottom.

I rubbed the water out of my eyes, and pushed my hair out of them.

I stared at Juvia, who had put on an innocent smile.

"May I ask what that was Juvia?" I asked.

"Sure, go ahead." Juvia giggled.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, what was that?"