five

"Michael!"

"Adeline? What are you doing here?" Michael slightly giggled as he walked quickly over to where I was now standing. His face lit up as much as I felt like mine did.

In that moment, it felt like it was just us. It was as if no one was around, because frankly, in my mind at that moment, nobody else mattered.

Just us.

I ran into his open arms as if we had been in love for years; for an eternity. One day into our relationship and I'm already falling so fucking hard for this boy. Goddamn, I hope he was falling for me.

This certainly was not part of my plan.

Nuzzling my face into his chest, loving the way his cologne rubs off on me so slightly...the one part that was definitely destroying the coldness in my heart and plan was the fact that he treated me like i was his princess.  

Michael broke me out of my haze when he called out to the boy standing behind us that I had totally forgotten about.

"Ashton! What are you doing here, mate?" Michael slipped out of my grip and headed towards Ashton, the boy I used to be seeing, who I had no idea would have relations with the boy I am now seeing.

"I was heading to your place for practice and I stumbled upon Adeline. I thought she looked like Amber, but I guess not," Ashton paused then looked between Michael and I.

"How do you two know each other?" he asked swiftly, obviously confused as to why we had both been so consumed in the hug we shared only moments before.

Before Michael had the chance to even get a single sound out, I quickly answered the question, hoping this was my chance to finally take the lead in Michael and my relationship. I needed this chance to get back on track with my plan.

"Oh! Well, we're dating actually," I stated with confidence, shocking Ashton, Michael, and truthfully, myself.

"You are?" Ashton exclaimed, looking hurt in a way.

"We are?" Michael whispered to me, a smirk evident on his face.

"We are."

Right when those words escaped my mouth, memories flooded back into my mind so quickly, I had no time to comprehend my thoughts.

They weren't just any memories.

They were memories of Ashton.

-

flashback

I jumped over the rotted tree stump in front of me, landing perfectly on my feet.

When I turned around, Ashton tried to mimic my movements, but missed his footing and practically face planted onto the leaf ridden ground.

I giggled slightly, but headed over to him quickly, extending my hand out so he could have some support upon getting up.

"Are you okay, Ash?" I giggled as he stood up slowly, rubbing his side, on which he had fallen.

"Fuck. Yeah, I'm fine. Don't tell anyone about that, okay?" Ashton laughed to himself as we kept walking throughout the green forest.

"Who could I tell that would even know who I was talking about? I haven't really met any of your friends, Ash...not that I'm complaining. I like being secretive, it's exciting," I smiled at him as he interlocked our fingers.

"I can't show you to my mates. You're too precious. They would try something to make you become theirs. You're my getaway, Amber. When I'm with you, I don't know, we just put the world away. You understand, right?" Ashton said in such a sincere tone, I could feel the affection radiating off of his words.