9. You're An Armstrong Now

ANNOUNCEMENT: Many of you are asking if this will be Frerard. I'm sorry, but there will be no homosexuality in this story, even though I'd like there to be. I'm writing this for my friend Captain, and he is 99.9% straight (he's just slightly flamboyant) and I told him there would be no gay men in his story.

A/N: I'm running out of ideas for this story, any ideas?

~Boops My Shoulder "Its Coming!"

XoXog

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gerard was finally fully awake by the fourth day. Billie hadn't left, he even told Adrienne that they needed to take a break.

Gerard woke up around ten, Billie had his head on the hospital bed, he was asleep. Gerard lifted hid hand and pet Billie's head. Billie mumbled and opened his eyes.

"You're finally awake!" Billie said with a smile.

"I could say the same to you." Gerard said. Billie smiled and laughed. Gerard sat up mor and looked at the IV in his hand. Billie sat up also. "Oh. God, needles." Gerard said shakily.

"Its okay, Gerard. You don't have to do anything with them." Billie said. Gerard looked away from them. "How do you feel in general?" Billie asked.

"My mouth tastes like hell, my body hurts, and I feel like I'm super drunk." Gerard answered. Billie chuckled.

"Trust me, you're not drunk." Billie said. "You're on a lot of numbing meds, and if you weren't, you'd be in a lot more pain."

"I don't know what made me want to do it. It was heroin, I've done it before." Gerard said faintly.

"It was laced, Gee. Whoever gave it to you, knew it would hurt you." Billie said. Gerard sighed and wiggled his fingers. "My mom said that you're lucky Frank came in. If you were"

left alone for a minute or so after the ambulance got there, you would have died."

"This isn't the first time I've danced with death." Gerard said.

"I'm happy you didn't have to get surgery." Billie said. The two sat there in silence for a bit. Billie's mom, Ollie, came in and introduced herself, she was Gerard's doctor and nurse.

"What happened with Mikey?" Gerard asked. Billie sighed and began explaining what happened. Gerard swore a few times. When Billie finished, Gerard looked mad beyond belief. Billie thought for sure that some kind of demon would explode out of him.

"Gerard. Billie and I were wondering if you'd like to live with us. Be a part of our family." Ollie said. Gerard looked up at her, she was giving him a soft smile.

"You mean it?" Gerard asked.

"Yea. You be away from Mikey and your dad." Billie said.

"Of course." Gerard said smiling. Billie grinned and Ollie clap led her hands excitedly.

"You're an Armstrong now." Billie said. Gerard smiled, he believed that everything would probably start getting better.

"We will even take legal custody of you, Gerard." Ollie said. Gerard nodded and Billie hugged Gerard in a brotherly way.