8. Waiting Til He Wakes

"Adrienne, I can't come over today." Billie said to his phone. Adrienne sighed.

"Why not? This is the second day you haven't been at school." Adrienne said, she sounded annoyed. "And you won't even tell me why."

"A family member that I'm close to is sick. I promised I'd stay at the hospital for him." Billie told her, he was sitting beside Gerard's hospital bed. It was his third day in the hospital, and he was still in bad condition. Billie hadn't left.

"Who is it?" Adrienne asked. "Do you want me to come up there?"

"He's my adoptive brother.I'm fine. I don't think he'll appreciate unknown visitors." Billie answered. Adrienne sighed again.

"By the way, next time we're in the bathroom, that faggot gothic freak better not be in there." Adrienne said. Billie sighed and hung up. He turned his cellphone off and leaned on the side of Gerard's hospital bed. Gerard looked like hell.

Gerard's hair was greasy and stringy. He was in one of those horrible hospital gowns. He had a bunch of different medicines in a IV. He was sleeping, doctors said he was partially in a coma. Gerard only woke up once since he got here, that was because he began throwing up blood.

"Uh you're not allowed to be in here. You're not family." Said a doctor. Billie looked over to see his mom Ollie. Billie sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Why wont he wake up?" Billie asked. Ollie came into the room and rubbed Billie's shoulder. "And fucking Adrienne will kill me if she finds out its him!" Billie groaned.

"Watch your language. I heart enough of that when you got in that fight." Ollie said. Billie sighed and put his head down. "I know you like Adrienne, but now might not be the time to date."

"You want me to break up with her because Gerard's in the hospital?" Billie asked in shock. Ollie sighed and shook her head.

"No, but I'm saying that if she finds out this is for Gerard, she'll most likely dump you." Ollie said. Billie sighed and looked at Gerard. He knew she had a point.

"Bros before hoes." Gerard mumbled. Billie looked up at Gerard, his eyes half open, his voice weak. "Heh." He coughed. Billie smiled lightly and took Gerard's hand comfortingly.