Chapter Fourteen

Fox

[Excuse any errors.]

"Would you stop!?" Nala fake yelled at me as she tried to mask her laughter with a stern face. I shook my head, no, and continued to attack her, my hands tickling at her sides as she squirmed and moved around in her seat. The class was half empty and some of em were watching buh I could give two shits.

It's morning and we over at our first period, Miss Cooper's class, waiting on the bell to go off so we can get out of this class.

"Mr Ventura, could you keep your hands to yourself? Thank you very much." Ms Cooper spoke up and continued with her lesson. I turned back into my seat and started getting some notes in. I took a glance at Nala and her face was red with a smile etched on her face as she continued with her work.

I smirked to myself just seeing her happy. That did something to me - that smile. It ain't no secret that my feelings for Nala are pretty strong. Shit, she got my nose wide open and she don't even know. And to think I ain't even get none yet...

"Earth to Jayceon. Nigga, give my eraser back." her giggling pulled me out of my thoughts. I flashed her a smile and handed her her eraser back. The bell rang then indicating that we had to move to our Brit Lit class.

I collected my shit and stood up, waiting on Nala turtle-slow ass to finish packing up. She finally got done and I followed behind her, heading out the door. Once outside, I took hold of her hand and didn't even bother to look at her questioning eyes as we made our way through the halls.

"Fox. Fox!" a voice I knew all too well came from behind us. Shit!

I looked to Nala as I slowed down and she was looking at me expectantly, for an explanation of some sorts but shit I didn't have one. I went over to Jazmine's last night to cut off all ties with her, so I don't know what she want nah.

"Baby, where've you been? I ain't heard from you since last night." she said, looking to Nala with her emphasis on last night. I felt Nala tryna pull her hand away from mines, buh I kept my grip tight. I kept my eyes on Jazz in front of me as I clenched and unclenched my jaw. She was really trying me...

"What I say last night? Didn't I tell you to stay away from me and Bianca?" I more so gritted out as I felt myself getting upset, thinking about what she was actually tryna do.

"Yeah, I heard ya buh-"

"Ain't no buts in this shit. I told yo ass to keep yo distance and I ain't playing with yo ass, Jazz." I warned as I tugged Nala so we can get back to class before I snap a broad's neck.

She better keep her distance especially from Nala or I won't be held accountable for my actions.

***

"So you ain't goin say nothin all day?" I mumbled against Nala's neck and earned a shiver.

We were back at my place, chilling in the living room with The Parkers reruns playing. She had her head against my chest that gave me easy access to her neck. She hadn't said a word since bumping into Jazz earlier, except for protest when I insisted she come over. Obviously, I won.

She shrugged her shoulders, her eyes still on the TV. I grabbed the remote and put it off. She sucked her teeth and sat up to mug me.

"You know that's mad disrespectful and you getting used to turning off shit while I'm watching." she pointed out, folding her arms.

"Well, if you would talk to me instead of keep hiding your feelings from me, maybe you'd get to watch your shows." I reasoned and she scoffed before looking away. I sighed and shifted closer to her. Patience...