Chapter Eighteen: Part One

Fox

[Excuse any errors.]

"I ain't feenin' tah ask you again: Where she at?" I grilled Rocks as we were up in Red's garage. The boys were also in the room, never failing to rain damage on this bitch nigga. I was tryna hold back on fucking his shit up buh he was making that shit very difficult right naw. We've been up in here for 8 hours straight, and this muhfucker ain't said shit yet.

He started chuckling, spitting out blood from the blows CJ had handed him. He raised his head with a weak grin through his bloody face. My face scowled. What the fucks funny?

"Ridin' ma bro's di-"

I didn't let him finish that shit as I pounded his face in. At some point the boys were trying to tear me off him buh he ain't goin' run off talking shit bout ma girl. What the fuck I look like?!

"Yo Fox! Chill out nigga!" Rah yelled as they managed to get me off a limp Roarke who was barely recognizable right now from the blood and cuts.

"Chill out?! Nigga you ain't goin fuckin' tell me to chill out when ma girl outchea with some bitch ass muhfuckers talkin shit! Who you fuckin tellin to chill out bruh?!" I was hyped, standing chest to chest with my best friend, Rahiem.

"Fox, don't do this shit, man. You upset right naw and you ain't thinking straight. Relax cuh." Rah reasoned. I sucked my teeth, shoving him out ma way so I could get the fuck outta this bitch.

Eight days. EIGHT fucking days since Nala been gone. Ain't nobody seen shit. Ain't nobody heard shit. The police ain't doing shit about it in ma eyes. I ain't been getting any sleep and I can't keep anything down for shit. How can I when ma future might be across the ocean in some cargo ship or some shit?

I let out a heavy sigh as I tried to calm myself down for a moment. I pulled out some wet wipes in the glove compartment, wiping off my hands. Luckily I had some dark jeans and shirt on so I ain't have to worry on changing ma clothes right naw.

Ain't nobody been taking any of this shit good. Gabi locked up in her room again; Rita been less social; Al been holding good buh from the work he been drowning himself in, I know he feelin some typa way; and you can imagine how Miss Alicia is doing.

I decided to head to Nala crib and check if they heard anything new. I pulled up to their driveway as Maurice was taking out some grocery bags out his trunk. I walked up to him to help him out. As I got closer to him, what all'a this was doing to him was clearly evident on his face.

"Fox..." he saluted, still looking in his trunk.

"Mr. Coleman." I replied, grabbing bags from the trunk. He gave off a weak smile, closing the trunk as he lead the way to the house. We placed the bags in the kitchen and he unpacked them while I sat at the island.

"Any word on Nala?" I cleared my throat. He stopped midway putting up a box of cereal, placed it on the counter before sighing and shaking his head, no. I lowered my head at the news. A part of me was hoping he'd say 'Yeah, she's in her room right now!".

"How is Gabi holding up? Rita said she ain't doing too well." he asked and I sighed at the situation.

"She's hurting, she's hurting real bad right naw. She hardly eats and stays in her room all day..." I ran my hands down my face. If we all so fucked up, then what is Nala going through and feelin right naw?

He shook his head before making his way to stand in front of me, leaning on the counter behind him. Right then, Don came in. He had a permanent mug on his face, some Ice Cube typa shit.

He nodded ma way and I returned the gesture. He walked over to the refrigerator, pulled out some leftovers and warmed it in the microwave.

"How is Mike doing? I haven't heard from his folks in a minute now." Maurice asked.

"I ain't seen him myself buh they say he been good. He's still in a induced coma, buh he's been better naw." I informed and he nodded in understanding. Don came to sit in front of me at the island.

"Let me go check on Alicia right quick." Maurice informed, walking out the room. We sat in silence and I decided to head back home. As I was thinking on getting up, Don broke the silence.

"So I hear y'all got into some shit with Kava. More specifically, Chris. " he stated, still looking down on his plate. I cleared ma throat.

"Yeah, some shit did go down..."

"What's up?" he asked, raising his head. Now, this some shit Alicia or Nala shoulda told Don cause it aint ma place. And I'm not too sure how he goin take it, "If it got shit to do with Nala ya better tell me bruh."

I took a minute to try and predict how he goin take this... It isn't a good picture, buh not telling him didn't end too well either.

"I caught Chris and some nigga tryna take advantage of her coupla months ago." I spoke quickly, awaiting a lash out, which didn't come. He nodded his head, suddenly broke out in laughter and stopped, shaking his head.

"Chris, huh... So, he behind all this shit?" he questioned and I nodded, "What y'all got?"

"Streets ain't saying shit. We got one of his boys down at Red's crib right nah'." I informed him and he nodded his head then got up to place his plate in the sink.

"Call your boys and tell em to bring that nigga with em. If Chris is behind all this, I know where to find him."

***