Entry 5

There wasn't anyone at the door.......... There was just a piece of notebook paper taped to my door......... It had that damn symbol on the back.......... This is what it read:

"Detective Davis,

            I thought you were smarter. Honestly, I'm surprised you're still working as a detective. That just tells me that you have no idea what's really going on. Oh, the girl is just fine by the way, I wouldn't harm a hair on her beautiful head. Anyway, I should probably tell you the truth.

I'm not the bad guy......

All of you are......

            You see, behind all the "serve and protect" bullshit they're feeding you, there's a massive corrupt organization funding it. The police department isn't run by the government, it's run by very, very wealthy people who don't have to follow the same rules as you and I. Don't you find it suspicious how you rarely ever see deaths related to murder listed in the papers? That's because nobody's reporting them, because nobody knows it's happening. A majority of the gangs in this city are owned by the same people who own your department.

            I was in your place once...... Quite literally. You even have my desk, my apartment, you even have the same locker as I did. I know you're going to go digging through some files the second after you read this, so I'll go ahead and tell you who I am. I am former Detective Gaven Heaps. I was good at it, too. I solved more murder cases than anyone else in the department. You'd think doing your job could only benefit you. That's where you're wrong.

            I was home, sleeping. I got a phone call from the chief. He said I was needed at a crime scene right away. I did as I was told and went down there. I was the only one there. I had checked the address over and over again, and was positive I was at the right place. After an hour of waiting, a car pulled up. It sure as hell wasn't a squad car...... A bunch of thugs with automatic rifles, POLICE rifles, climbed out of the car. They cornered me inside. I was shot 8 times. They threw my body in the river.

            When I opened my eyes again, I was in the woods. It was almost pitch black, with only the illumination of the moon to light my way. I found an abandoned asylum and went inside. When I stepped inside, I saw him...... The Operator was standing at the end of a very long hallway...... He had stalked me when I was a kid...... He was calling for me again...... I listened...... He taught me the error of my ways...... I soon realized that apprehension wasn't enough, I had to......

a

 n

  n

   i

     h

      i

       l

       a

         t

           e

              t

               h

                 e

                   m

, The Swordsman"

I can't believe this...... I actually feel like...... Like he was right......

It's like everything I've been told...... Justice...... The right thing...... My life........ it's like it's all a lie......

I need to get in contact with the Swordsman...... I'll update again afterwards......