Chapter VII. BLESSED

• Dedicated to The Gift

EVER SINCE the elimination, every night the TechYes Club would train for the championship. Even those who don't join the competition join the training to have fun. If you don't understand why they want to have fun during the training, it's because our training was never a bore! Sir G, if I haven't mentioned yet, is a very cheerful guy though his outward appearance seems very serious and scary. He's a somewhat happy-go-blessed man and loves to have fun even in the midst of a very crucial situation. He's also a very smart guy in the sense that he knows when to get serious and when to have entertainment. And because our coach is that kind of guy, he shares with us his experiences with enjoyment. Almost everyday, after an hour or two of seriousness and brainstorming, the team with the other clubbers would have fun with Sir G in so many weird ways. Because our training ends every 8 in the evening and there are countable people inside the campus by that time, we'd go to every building to do ghost hunting. Of course it's only for fun and nothing else. It's not likely for Christians to get serious with it although it is a very serious matter since evil spirits are true. But nothing has ever happened to us like a ghost has appeared or anything. It's just so fun to be with the TechYes Club because we are composed of many students with different personalities and attitudes.

Because of the bond we have created every training, the TechYes members became very close to each other. We have created a friendship more than brotherhood and sisterhood in the club. I knew I was so blessed with the club. What could have happened if my mother did not find me with that stupid note? Maybe I was still doing a very wrong thing. Maybe I would never experience the blessings I have received. We even had an acquaintance party at the beach. It was one fun experience especially that with me were truer than the truest friends in the world and a coach who acted much like a big brother to us. Who could ask for more?

The day of the championship came. The bigger day was at hand. I made sure I would wake up in time and I did. Two freshmen came with us since that they won the challenge that was given to us by our seniors during the acquaintance party. They were Charm and Charl whom we teased since they really look good with each other. Charm happened to be Gav's younger sister, and Charl's family name has a good and a popular background in the school. The latter joined the club the latest. At first we did not need any new members but because our club's players were all graduating students, we opened a slot for a new clubber. Charl was that new member and player. Sofia and Dj went with us too to meet the president of the National Robot Games at the airport who will train those who will be going international. Since that last school year, the team of Martin and Jacob (who already graduated) got the 3rd place in Robot Maze category which was national, our school will be sending students to participate in the international competition and those were Sofia, Dj, and Merly.

So we have arrived at the school venue, the same place again. There were six teams competing: the top 3 of the first elimination round and also the top 3 of the second elimination round. Being nervous about the game came to me again, but that time the pressure was lesser because I knew that God was with us and will be with us all throughout the competition. 

To Be Continued :D