7 | Heart to Heart Talk

"So about the girl earlier, do you like her?" Angelique asked abruptly while she's lying next to me on the carpet. It's Saturday afternoon and since there's nothing much to do for me, I helped her arrange some furniture inside her house. She just lives next door.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Seriously, Matthew? You really don't know how to lie. I saw the way you looked at her and there must be something really special about her" She added. I think I know where this conversation is going. She's obviously talking about Melrose.

"It doesn't matter; she doesn't feel the same way. And she's just using me to pass her physics exam" I explained. I don't even know why I suddenly had the urge to explain everything to her. As if she cares.

"That's rude, why not give her a taste of her own medicine?" She suggested.

"Okay, what exactly are you suggesting here?" I asked her.

"Make her jealous" Angelique looked into my direction then winked.

"It would work, if and only if she feels the same but since she doesn't that plan will be a total failure" I assured her.

"You know, Matthew. You are perfectly okay. You have the looks, brains and anyone would be lucky to have you" She answered. I think my heart is pounding in an unusual way again after hearing those words from her. I don't even know why. It's just the very first time someone said something sweet like that to me. Well, of course excluding my mom's endearment towards me. I looked at her and saw her staring at me. I felt awkward.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her then she tried to suppress herself from laughing so hard.

"You're blushing" She added. Never have I ever been so embarrassed. I hate it every time she pinpoints I'm blushing or something like that. It feels like she is emphasizing her thought about me, being a real homo, which is certainly not true. It was then when I realized she is getting closer and closer to me.

"W-what--?" I was interrupted when she removed my glasses.

"You're better off without glasses, as a matter of fact you look hotter" She answered.

"But I can't read without it" I complained like a little kid.

"Really now" She smiled deviously and I knew that she have something in my mind at that very moment. She suddenly broke my glasses into halves.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked her. Great, now how am I supposed to read without my glasses? Thanks a lot, Angelique.

"Haven't heard of contact lenses?" She said.

"Yeah but—"She interrupted me for the second time around. She is just so unbelievable. But the fact that she's unpredictable makes it more thrilling for me to get to know her better.

"Let's buy a pair tomorrow morning" she answered then smiled. Why does she always make everything sound so easy? Maybe something really is up with her.

"Hey, it's getting late don't you want to get some sleep in your room?" She asked me. I took a deep breath before responding to her question.

"No, I'd rather stay here..." I said and smiled.

"With you" I added then closed my eyes. I don't know why those words are coming out from me inevitably. I felt her head rested on my arms. I heard she whispered good night before I finally fell into a deep sleep.

. . . . .

Author's note:

I know this is a very short update. I'm revising some parts of this story and I added some chapters. So I'll do my very best to post an update. Hopefully soon, well at least before the second term starts. So please bear with me everyone. Thanks for reading

-BlondeandDangerous_