3 | You Again

Matthew's Point of View:

I woke up inside my room, wait was that a dream? My head is still aching, I can't remember how I ended up here nor what happened last night? All I can remember is there was this blonde girl asking me where I live and -- shit! Did I really puked inside her car? I can barely remember anything at all. Then I heard the door squeaked open as mom approaches me. She is wearing her usual business attire with a ponytail.

"Matthew, I am so disappointed with you" Mom tilted her head in disappointment. I can't blame her though, it's the very first time I decided to sneak out. Although the night was pretty exhilarating I had fun. Not bad for my first time. I wonder what happened to Cooper.

"I know mom and I'm sorry" I said apologetically while trying to make it look like I also feel bad about what happened.  Heck, yeah! Of course I don't regret a single moment out of it.

"How could you be so irresponsible, Matthew?" she asked then sat beside me on my bed. I can see in her eyes that mom still cares for me despite of my careless acts.

"It won't happen again" I stated.

"Good" She added and sighed in relief.

"Wait mom, how did I ended up in my room? I can barely remember what happened" I asked.

"Well its a good thing you're girlfriend brought you home last night. She said you passed out in her car" Wait, what did she just said? I don't have a girlfriend. Well, I wish I have. But its impossible because Melrose rejected me last night.

"You know that I was just using him for that Physics exam?" A voice from Melrose suddenly popped into my head.

Yeah, right. Why would I even think of someone who just used me for her stupid exam? She doesn't deserve my time.

"Idiot, you like her" another voice popped into my head. As if my conscience was telling me something about what I really feel. I think I might be losing my mind. I'm starting to hear voices in my head.

"Matthew, are you listening to me?" Mom asked then looked at me directly with her furrowed eyebrows. I didn't realized mom is still talking to me.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Look Matthew, I'm not disappointed because you went to the party full of good for nothing kids the thing that really upsets me is you didn't tell me about this girlfriend of yours. I'm your mother and I just want to know everything about you, my son. You could've at least introduced me to her" She added. Well, how can I tell her something that even I didn't know in the first place. First, I didn't know that I have a girlfriend. And second, I don't even know the name of that so called girlfriend of mine. Well at least mom is not mad about what happened last night.

"Don't worry mom, I'll set you guys up on a date so you'll get to know each other" I lied. As if I have her number. Then I looked up and smiled at my mom.

"There's no need for that, I invited her to lunch. So we better go now I'm pretty sure you don't want to keep her waiting" What? Oh this is ridiculous.

"Fix yourself, then go downstairs" she commanded and left the room. I took a pain killer for my headache and showered. Then I wore my usual casual outfit (plain shirt and blue jeans) and glasses.

What exactly happened last night? I thought to myself before leaving my room.

On my way downstairs, I heard mom's voice.

"I'm really glad you came" mom said cheerfully.

"Of course, Mrs. Roberts. I wouldn't want to miss this nice opportunity to finally meet you in person" another voice answered, it was from a girl. I hurriedly went to the living room to see my mom talking to a blonde girl wearing a skirt and a tank top. Her skin is as white as snow. She is the same girl from last night. I can barely see her face from afar.

"Oh there you are Matthew" Mom interrupted their conversation and the girl looked into my eyes and smiled. I have to admit that she has an angelic face. Her brown eyes mesmerizes me. But she is nothing compared to Melrose. Damn it, I should stop thinking about Melrose.

"Hey" I greeted her.

"Hi there, how are you feeling honey? I was worried about you" It sounds unbelievable, I might believe her act as well if and only if our relationship is real.

"I'm okay, don't worry" I answered.

"I'll leave you two alone I just have to get my purse in my room before we leave" Mom excused herself from us. Finally, the perfect time for confrontation. Mom leaves us in the living room and headed to her room.

"What was that all about?" I asked her.

"What? You didn't like the endearment?" She treated it as some sort of a funny joke.

"Why did you introduced yourself as my girlfriend?" I added.

"Look Matthew, I'm trying to save your ass here" She answered.

"You could've think of another way. In a way that we won't stand in each other's path" I defended. Is she for real?

"I'm not open for reconsideration, Matthew. You still owe me big time. Don't you remember? You puked inside my car. Now its time for paybacks" She smiled deviously. That evil smile. I have to admit its hot.

"How?" I'm getting nervous right now. My forehead is getting sweaty. She walked closer to me and wiped my sweat using her towel then gave me a sweet smile.

"You'll see" she whispered to my ears. Her voice sent a tingling feeling inside me that made my knees weakened.

. . . . .