Chapter 11

I took a deep breath and slowly started walking. One step after the other.

The girl was about to slap Taehyung. She already raised her right arm.

But I came in time to stop her by holding back her wrist.

"What are you doing right now? Making a fuss about a dress on a charity event?" I said harshly with a serious expression on my face.

In the corner of my eye I could see Taehyung. He stopped bowing and was slowly lifting his head after hearing my voice.

I turned to him. It was time to reveal the truth.

His eyes widened and he attempted to speak, but I stopped him by taking his hand and turning back to the girl.She had already lowered her head.

"It was him" I said, pointing at the boy who ran into the girl earlier.

Judging from the girl's widened eyes, it seemed that they already knew each other.

"How about an apology?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I- I'm sorry" she said, looking at Taehyung.

I could feel how frightened she was of me. I didn't like this feeling.

"Good girl" my expression softened.

"Don't be so spoiled anymore and think about other people as well. And stop accusing people of things they didn't do. Now go and enjoy the rest of the event" I patted her shoulder and smiled warmly.

"Yes" she bowed and turned away.

The people around us turned back as well.

I directed my gaze at Taehyung, who was starring at me.

"Sooooo" I said playfully "Do you have anything to add to this situation?"

"You look pretty today" he said casually.

I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"That's it? Aren't you surprised to see me here?" I asked shocked.

"At the beginning I was more than surprised. But after giving it another thought, I wasn't really sure what to be surprised about. You never told me about your family" he directed his look at my hand which was still holding his.

I let go of his hand immediately and cleared my throat.

"You- you're actually right. I- I didn't do anything wrong" I stuttered.

"I have just one question."

"Yeah, go on."

"You didn't seriously put on sneakers with this dress, did you?" he laughed as he slightly raised the front of my dress.

I slapped his hand away from my dress "What should I've done? Wearing high heels and being taller than most of the men here? My dress is long enough to overlay my feet anyways, so nobody besides you would even notice."

He chuckled "Alright."

"But I should go back to work now" he said.

"No" I grabbed his arm "Don't go. I- I mean, I'll be bored if you go."

He grabbed my hand and freed his arm from my grip.

"I will tell them that I ordered you to stay next to me. In case I might need anything, you know" I tried to convince him to stay here.

"No-" he attempted to speak but I already waved another waiter to me.

"Do you need anything, Madame?" he asked as he came.