Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A/N - disclaimer: I know next to nothing about Australia so all this I googled and/or made up

Links for this Chapter:

Kaylee's new house: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2914306/If-hit-jackpot-live-spectacular-homes-sale-country-s-richest-suburbs.html (about halfway down the page is 33 Wybalena Road Hunters Hill, which is what I am using as her house. The gallery shows 3 photos of the house.)

Songs for this Chapter:

Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute

Weightless by All Time Low

One by Ed Sheeran (this song actually isn't in the chapter but I listened to it while I was writing)

one week later

The sky was cloudy and humid, and it felt like stepping into a greenhouse. The weather wasn't normal for 6:00 am on a Minneapolis morning. It seemed that the sky was depressed.

My mother and father drove Jackson and I to the airport in his black Audi. The interior smelled like fancy leather and cologne. It was dead quiet, except for my sniffles; I was already crying softly.

When we parked outside the airport, my mother, JJ, and I got out. We had barely pulled our luggage out of the back before my father pulled away, tires screeching loudly.

A light shower began.

We quickly checked our bags, got through security, and hurried to the gate. The terminal was loud and crowded, and I held to Jackson's hand tightly. I was afraid he would wander off. And I wanted to be with him as long as possible before I left.

I checked the time. 6:35 am; one hour left.

I grabbed my wallet and Jackson's hand. "Mom, we're going to the Dunn Brothers over there."

"Alright, Kaylee. Don't be too long."

"Okay. We'll be right back," I answered as we walked away.

"JJ, do you want anything?" I asked.

"What can I have?" he said playfully, eyeing the Ice Cremas.

"You can have whatever you want. It's our last day here," I reasoned. I could feel that my face went slack for a second, but I forced it into a pleasant expression for Jackson.

"I want an Ice Crema!" he said happily. "A big caramel one!" I couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm, even though we were getting strange looks from others in line.

"What can I do for you today?" the barista asked cheerfully.

"I'll have a medium mocha and a small caramel Ice Crema," I replied.

"Alright, that'll be 7.38. Have a great flight!" the barista said. "Your drinks will be over there."

I headed over to the small table where I could get our drinks. In a couple minutes, they were finished, and Jackson and I headed back over to my gate.

A thought struck me. "JJ, do you have your boarding pass?" I asked quickly, leading him to one side of the walkway.

"No," he responded. "Mommy took it away."

"Well, do you know where you're going?"

"No, I didn't look."

"Oh, okay." I led Jackson over to my mother once more and sat in the black, fake leather seats.