Chapter 8

"Callie?" I hear my name. I open my eyes, and hear the beeping of a heart monitor. "Callie can you hear me?" It's a man's voice. My vision clears and I see the doctor standing over me. "Callie?" "Yes." I say. "You can hear me?" "Yeah." "Do you remember anything about the night of the lockdown?"
It all come flooding back, then I remember Lace, Wes, and James. I set up suddenly I need to know if they are OK. "calm down what is wrong?" "I need to see my friends did they get out?" "I don't know what you're talking about but you need to stay still" no I need to see my friends where are they? "Please stay still why don't you go back to sleep you're going to need your rest for the surgery." Everything inside me collapses. Surgery? What surgery do I need, I can move without pain, my arm feels fine. "What?" I ask. "Look, you have Internal bleeding near your heart, that's why you lost your vision. You are going under surgery, but you can not move or else you'll hurt yourself more." I lay back down. "Isn't there anyone waiting to see me?" I ask. "Your parents already came in, they are filling out paper work for the surgery." "Anyone else? Maybe from that night?" The doctor shrugs. "Not sure. We didn't have anyone come in from the school last night." That's good, but I would still like to see my friends.
I lay back down, I am suddenly really tired.

So sorry it's so short. And that I didn't update yesterday. Thanks for reading!