Chapter 1

"Adrianna! Get your lazy butt down here right now!" My mother yelled from the bottom of the attic latter. I sighed. I looked over the old sestina again. It was rather dark. It was on a piece of old parchment paper and said that it was by Austin Avery. I have never heard of him, but I didn't care. I tucked the page into my notebook and climbed back down from my dusty attic.

"About time, Adri, what were you doing, making it?" My mother asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, mom, I was making a notebook, I even cut down the lumber and refined it to a nice white pulp and strained into paper, then I made ink and..."

"Okay, I got it, stop being sarcastic." I laughed. We both knew that I couldn't. I got my sarcasm from her.

"Mom, I'm like you ten years ago, you should know me better than that." Which was true, everyone said so. I had my mom's black hair and green eyes. Her small, narrow figure. I even have her laugh.

But since I never met my father, I don't know what I have of his. I headed to my room to read and reread that strange sestina from my attic. I didn't mind being alone. In fact, I preferred it over being in large crowds.

But when I sat on my bed it happened again. It hasn't happened for several years. I didn't know why it started up again, but it did. I collapsed as I sank deep into a vision of the past. MY past.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?"

I giggled. "You tell me every day, Austin.," I tell him. His dark eyes gleamed with admiration. 

"True, but you know that I only speak with honesty. You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. And someday, I will marry you, spoil you, love you more and more  each time I wake up next to you." He said. He kissed me and I couldn't help but giggle again.

"And what about if we have kids?" I asked.

He laughed. "Alexia, it's when we have kids. When is the word I was looking for. And I would love them more than they will ever know." 

"Adri! Wake up!" My mother said, snapping me from my vision.

"Wha...?" I said. My mother threw her arms around me.

"Oh, thank goodness you are alright, baby," She said. I contemplated telling her what happened. "It's happening again isn't it?" She asked, pulling back to look me in the eyes. I hesitated before nodding. She cursed under her breath. She hardly ever swore, but when she did, you knew something was up.

"Adri, you need to listen to me. These things that you see, I don't know where they come from, but you must find a way to stop them. They will haunt you if you allow them to continue," She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She hugged me again.

"Hopefully you never find out what I mean," She said.

Page break!

I decided that I wouldn't dawn on what my mother said. I got ready for school like I always did. I wore my red flannel, ripped skinny jeans, and my Doc Martins.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my backpack, with the sestina tucked safely inside. I brushed my teeth and ran outside to catch the bus. I couldn't wait to get my licence so that I could drive myself to school. I had my permit, but still.

I made it just as the bus pulled in front of my house. 

I showed my bus ticket that we are given at the beginning of the year and went to sit down. I sat in the very back. I put my earbuds in and turned my iPod on. I listened to several songs before the bus finally pulled up in front of the school.

I followed a stream of students out of the bus, but it happened again.

"AUSTIN!" I screamed. I was inside, I was losing oxygen fast. Smoke burned my eyes and the heat was too intense. I didn't have much longer.

I didn't know where he was, but if he didn't get here soon everyone left in this building would be doomed.

"PLEASE! SOMEBODY HELP!" My voice strained as I shouted. My vision started to tunnel as my consciousness faded fast. I didn't know what I was going to do. "Austin... I love you,"

"Austin!" I said shooting straight up. I noticed that students were surrounding me. I was sitting on the concrete.

"Are you alright, miss?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up and I saw him. He looked the exact same as in my visions.

"Austin?"

ANOTHER PAGE BREAK!!!

I was taken to see the school nurse, but she said that I must have just gotten up too quickly and fainted, but I knew better. I hadn't seen the boy that looked like Austin since he asked if I was okay.

"Well, you are safe to go back to class now," She told me.

I nodded as I got off of the chair with the white paper on it. It crinkled with even the smallest movement. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room, but of course, I just had to run into someone.

"Hey watch where your..." My sharp words were cut short when I saw him. It was the Austin-Wanna-Be. I blushed.

"Are you alright, miss?" He asked with a smile. I nodded. He reached out a hand. I took it and noticed how cold his hand was. He helped me to my feet and I brushed myself off.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I would say that we have met before," He said. I instantly wanted to tell him, but I kept my mouth shut.

"Not much for conversation, are you, miss?" He asked. "Is it that I am just too good looking that you are at a loss for words?" He joked.

"No, it's just that there's not much to say," I tell him, trying to get my sarcastic remarks back.

He chuckled softly. God, he even sounds like Austin. THE SESTINA!

"Hey, have you heard of Austin Avery? He wrote this sestina poem, but I don't know when and I don't know if he wrote anything else," I rambled.

"Where did you find this?" He demanded. I flinched.

"In my attic," He took the sestina and tore it up. "HEY! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Don't talk about that sestina again,"

Here you all go, sorry that it took so long to publish. But please enjoy this. And do vote, love and leave a comment.