Chapter 17: Entrant Number Two

"Yep, he's your guy. But he's not your killer. As you can see, no broken nose."

Beckett, Castle and Leslie stood in the morgue beside the covered body of their new victim.

After Castle had whisked Leslie back to the precinct he had returned to their new murder scene to find the usual CSU sweep happening, and Beckett considering the body of their third and final suspect.

Lanie had done an emergency autopsy on him, the case now raised to an alpha importance level, and had the results in hand.

"Riley Tankard," Lanie continued. "Thirty-one years old, single, and very, very dead. Took three bullets to the heart."

Leslie gulped, feeling her stomach churn with horror and guilt.

It's my fault, she thought, my fault he's dead. If it wasn't for me -

"Leslie, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking you need to stop," Beckett said, as if reading her mind. Leslie looked guiltily at her shoes.

"It wasn't you fault, sweetie," Lanie soothed. "This 'Wolf-Man' fellow is obviously a maniac."

Beckett took Leslie's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"What else do you know Lanie?"

"Well, the bullets are a match for the ones used to kill Alison and Connor," she paused noticing the flinch in both Beckett and Leslie, before continuing. "And I found blood and tissue residue under the fingernails. On a hunch, I compared the DNA to the sperm sample we got earlier, which we haven't been able to ID, but -"

She placed a piece of paper showing a DNA test in front of them.

"It's a match. Whoever killed Tankard, he's the one that killed your family too."