Part Eighteen:

Part Eighteen:

As everyone headed off to explore the mysterious boat, Charlie and Zoe separated themselves from the other three and walked up to the bow. As their footsteps echoed on the deck, Charlie realised just how lonely they really were, out at sea with only the choppy waves to comfort them.

"I don't like this." Zoe muttered, wrapping her arms around her body like she was cold.

"Neither do I." Charlie agreed, looking out across the ocean. "It's too out in the open."

Then Alex started to say something, "Guys, maybe this isn't such a good--"

"Oh my gods! There's three cabins - one for each of us! And they all have ensuite bathrooms!" Michael cut her off, shouting from below.

"What?" Alex demanded, and Zoe and Charlie watched as she climbed down the ladder below deck.

"We need to hide. Now." Zoe hissed. "I feel like this is a trap." She then walked over to a disguised trapdoor on the floor of the boat and wrenched it open. Zoe dropped down into a small room and Charlie followed her, shutting the trapdoor as soon as his feet smacked against the floor. A light flickered to life and the room was revealed. It was as tiny as a broom closet, looked like one, and smelled like one, but instead of cleaning products lining the shelves along the walls, there were inflatable toys, rafts and life jackets.

"What is all this stuff?" Charlie whispered, going up to one of the shelves and examining a life jacket.

"Hold on," Zoe went over to the opposite side of the shelves Charlie was looking at and heaved down an inflatable raft. She ripped off the cover and unfolded the contents. "I have an idea."

Then suddenly, a voice came through one of the walls, making the Charlie and Zoe freeze: "Welcome, Alex Valdez. Prepare to die."

"Did you hear that?" Charlie muttered, heart hammering in his chest like a beating drum.

An evil laugh echoed around the boat. "Yes, dinner. Three demigods on a quest, and they've fallen right into our trap."

"Sir," a squeaky voice joined in the lower, growling one. This voice sounded younger, partly the other one was older, more ancient, partly because it was so high. "What if there are more demigods? They could--"

There was a loud smash and a groan. "Three is a sacred number!! Half-Bloods wouldn't be stupid enough to go on a quest in a group of four or a five!" The older voice roared.

"Charlie." Zoe murmured, her voice sounded like she was scared. Very scared. "We have a major problem."

"What is it?" Charlie asked, sounding just as scared. Unconsciously, he intwined his fingers with hers. It was only a small action, but Zoe seemed to calm down a bit.

"If I'm not mistaken, those are cyclopes. And they've got Michael, Sammy and Alex."

"Do you have a plan?" Charlie whispered and Zoe nodded. Her arms were shaking. Charlie gripped her hand tighter.

"Yeah. I'm going to try and flood the cabin. But I'll only flood the cabin. Your job is to save Michael, Alex and Sammy. It won't be easy, but I think we'll manage."

"Won't the boat sink?"

"I'll use my powers to keep it floating." Zoe explained, staring at him with those beautiful stormy grey eyes. Wait - what? "Lets go."