The Breakup

"I l-"

"No. don't say it please." she sobbed "it'll make it even harder to leave."

"Then don't" he said it like it was so easy. But he knew. It would not be the life she wanted to live if she came with him. She wanted to finish school and live her dream like he was living his. But it seemed that neither of their dreams could fit them being together. His heart was breaking, while he slowly realized that this was the final goodbye.

"Luke, I have to. You know that. I-I can't just live my life on a tour bus." she said half heartedly pointing to the bus behind him for emphasize. "I need to finish school and get a degree so I can actually live my life. I don't want to just live in the shadow of someone else's. I'm sorry." she sniffled and looked away from him as if it hurt her to see him falling apart inside. He took her hands in his, turning her attention back to him.

"I know." he whispered and kissed her quivering lips softly. "I do. The thing you wont let me say. I do with all my heart and that wont ever change."

"I do too." she said with fresh tears brightening her eyes. "But it will. When you're on tour and meet all these new girls. It will change." she let go of his hands and took a step away. "And I hope it does. I hope you find someone who will live your life with you. Don't let me ruin your fun." a sad smile formed on her face, tears that he doubted she realized falling from her eyes. " Goodbye Luke." she whispered. He watched her back as she quickly retreated to her car. He stood there watching her drive off into the now cloudy day. The sunshine had been chased from the sky just as it had from his life at this exact moment. He knew it would begin raining at any moment but he couldn't seem to make his feet move. The first drop of cool precipitation seemed to wake him up from his daze. He stared up at the sky as millions of droplets began to fall on top of him. He blinked the water from his eyes, but he knew it wasn't the rain that was suddenly making his vision blurry. It was the unshed tears that had been held in for the entire farewell between him and his...Ex. She was now his Ex-girlfriend. He finally found the strength to walk to the bus which waited for him to board his new... single life. When he got up the steps he saw his band mates sitting at the table as if waiting for him to join them. They noticed him and gave him sympathetic looks. Luke knew they weren't because he was soaked by the rain. These three guys knew him better than anyone else. They were like his brothers and they understood.

"Want to talk about it?" Calum asked.

"Yeah we're here for you bro." Michael said, with Ashton nodding in agreement. Not trusting his voice, Luke just shook his head and silently went to the bed he had chosen a few days ago. He climbed in not caring that he was dripping wet, closed the curtain, and laid there staring at the darkness with tears silently falling down his cheeks. He knew the boys were there for him if he needed anyone to talk to but he just couldn't find the words to say. The engine of the bus roared to life and his life as a musician finally began...

"Heartbreak Boy" is copy right 2015 @Bookworm162015, all rights reserved