Chapter One: The maze

The shaft was moving up quickly as thomas woke up. Dased and confused he looks around quickly. Slowly he starts to panic. The shaft speeds up and Thomas sinks to the bottom corner of the metal box. Scared and afraid suddenly the shaft comes to a stop.

Thomas looks up to see groups of teenage boys looking down on him. He quickly looks around at each of the boys scanning them almost. One of the boys pops out to him. He looks tall and muscular. He has black hair that's pointed up and slightly fluffy. His skin is a tinted tan, it was a Carmel color. His eyes sweet but also looked annoyed, A dark cocoa color. Still dazed by looking at this amazing boy Thomas didn't even notice him say "

"welcome to the glade greenie, I'm Minho", He stared at him for a while before stuttering the words out

  "ah-Hi I'm Thomas" as he looked around his surroundings, noticing he was pulled out of the box. There was a tall building, like a house to his left and a smaller more of a shed like structure next to the house. To his left there is a large farm. He noticed the walls, they were tall and looked rather thick. They seemed to made out of cobble stone and had chips of stone missing with vines covering most of the walls.

Turning around to his left he can see a small forest that looked almost haunted. He turned his head to the right he can see Animal pens with cows, pigs, and some chickens. In Between them there was another building that was torn down a little more then the others. It was definitely locked.

Turning back to the crowd of teenage boys all talked and pointing to Thomas he stared at... Minho? Yes that was his name Thomas thinks to himself.

The chattering quieted down a little as a tall man who was darker skinned and a bald head entered to the front of the crowed with a tall blond haired boy shoved his way through the the front of the crowed. Thomas looked up at him as he greeted him with a welcome just as Minho did just he seemed more aggressive and in charge.

He said his name was Alby. Thomas more scared then before backed up a little, the blond boy started to speak stating that Alby seemed a little harsh at first but would warm up to you. The blond boy also states his name was newt.

"Chuck will show you around the Glade." Newt stated as a short curly brown haired boy came up from behind newt after being beckoned forward.

Chuck nods and says "hi! I'm chuck, you must be the new greenie. I was called greenie before you got here so hopefully they will move on to you" he says with a large smile upon his face. Thomas nods introducing himself a little and giving chuck a half smile.

     Chuck went around the glade starting at the farm. He stated what happens around the farm what the farmers do what they grow and everything else about it. Chuck explains the supply shed to Thomas and the materials and tools inside it. Chuck moves on the the different building and jobs explaining them with detail letting Thomas know about what he might want to do. 

    Later they get to their beds and chuck explains to Thomas, after showing him his bed, that tomorrow he will be tested in all of the jobs to see what he will be doing while in the maze. Thomas nods and walks out of the building they were in. Looking at the exit he sees the runners entering the glade before night fall. Spotting Minho he starts blushing, not noticing newt walk up behind him "Hey greenie, why so red?" Newt laughs a little at him self and Thomas snaps out of his daze blushing more, "oh uh..." He says awkwardly scratching the back of his head as Minho arrives in front of him. 

Thomas looks at Minho and wonders why he is all of a sudden so attracted to guys, for all he remembers he liked girls. Maybe Minho just had that effect on him? He didn't know. Thomas was so deep in thought  he didn't even realize Minho was talking to him. "Thomas? You awake greenie" Minho smirked, Thomas looked up putting his hand down "o-oh yeah sorry I was just deep in thought sorry" Thomas says embarrassed.