Found (2015)

I turned the corner in the library, flashing my torch all around the place, looking for the guy I saw breaking and entering.

I'm Kathy Case, and I'm just an overly curious teenager with an overactive imagination.

Sure, I could probably get in trouble for playing cop, but I have a bunch of spy things, like a lazer pen and pepper spray on my bag, plus I'm wearing a black beanie and cool night vision sunglasses (which raises the question, why do I have a torch?)

Rather than thinking about my stupidity (also realizing he'd know someone was after him) I put the torch in my black back pack before swinging it over my shoulder and continued to walk, turning my head in every direction.

We were currently in a run-down library, not much to see here, but he was clearly after something.

Obviously I could be charged with trespassing, but so could he, besides, how would anyone find out?

I grabbed my mobile phone. This is how somebody would find out. I connected my Bluetooth earpiece and called Jazzy, my twin sister.

"Kathy! Where are you? Mum's worried sick!" I heard her shout through the earpiece, causing me to wince and turn down the volume.

"Where am I?" I repeated her question. "I, am in an abandoned library, following some shady guy."

"WHAT?!" she shrieked. I turned down the volume more.

"Shut up! You're hurting my ear!" I whisper shouted, and I heard her sigh. I could imagine her grabbing a hair tie and pulling her hair into a tight ponytail, something she does when she's stressed.

"I'm fine, Jazz. I just need you to turn on GPS on my laptop. I connected it to my phone with some USB thing I got from the spy kits I buy."

"Why do you want me to do that?" She asked stupidly.

"So you can keep an eye on me, and the laptop will tell you if someone else is in the building, duh." I stated. "There's a USB next to my laptop on my desk. Plug it in. You will also get a look of things I can see through my glasses, I think."

I heard some noise on the other side that resembled a phone being dropped, causing me to flinch.

"What was that?"

"You're on speaker. Don't worry, Mum won't hear you. I'm plugging in the USB now."

"Cool," I replied, with nothing better to say.

"Okay, it's in," she stated.

"Cool," I said once more and started walking again. "When it loads, you'll see two screens. One is what I can see, and the other is the GPS. Also, because you can see through the glasses, you can hear through them, and I can hear and see you too. Like a Skype call, and my camera is the back camera. Okay?"

"Sounds complicated, how much did this stuff cost? And does Mum stull know you buy it on eBay?" She asked unsurely.

"Yeah, Mum knows..." I lied distantly.

"Okay, it's up. Can you see me?"

Just as she asked that, I saw my room light up out one eye.

"Ouch, yep, that's bright." I stated. "I'm gonna hang up now." And I did just that, removing the earpiece.

"Okay," Jazz started, staring at the screen. "In the room you're in, I can't see any other GPS signal. Move around a bit."

I moved out of my hiding place and pulled my katana off my hip belt, and I heard Jazz gasp.

"Is that a katana?" She asked, shocked.

"Um, nope, it's a stick..." I lied, and she sighed slightly.

"You need to stop with the eBay stuff."

"I will, just keep your eyes on the GPS!" I hissed quietly, running between the book shelves.

"Okay. You see that door to your left?" She asked, and I turned my head in that direction.

"Yup. Do I have to go through there?"

"Yes. There's a red dot behind there. But it doesn't look like there's much to hide behind, so be careful." She stated, and I nodded before running to the door, which had been left ajar.

"Click on the red dot." I whispered.

"What?"

"Just do it!" I hissed quietly.

"Okay, okay. I think I've just entered his feed? What has this done?" She asked.

"Okay, I want you to mute your microphone. Listen to me. You just hacked his phone, and you'll be able to hear him. I think I can hear him speaking, so listen to him."

I knew she had muted her mic already, and I hid behind a bookcase, focussing on her facial expressions.

"Link me to his feed. Click his dot again, then click 'Link to home'."

I saw her nod and I muted my mic, listening.

"... And Steve was being annoying, so it's his fault!" I heard the male voice say.

"You can't put the blame on Steve! Did you, or did you not, find the gem?!" An outraged female shouted, and I heard her through the door.

I gasped slightly at the thought of a gem, thankful that I turned off my mic, and I could see Jazzy gasp, too.

"I got it. Be careful," the guy mumbled angrily. "Here."

It was that moment that I jumped out from hiding, and Jazz saw this. Her eyes widened and she shook her head wildly at me, but I ignored her, heading for the door before bursting through. Quickly, turning on my mic, I shouted "CALL THE POLICE!" at my sister, who instantly pulled out her phone.

I saw her dial and she was talking really quickly, and it wasn't too long of me standing awkwardly with two people staring shocked at me before the sirens started, and I grinned.

---

What has Kathy gotten herself into... *sighs*

As usual, five votes or ten comments?

-Taya