Frost (2015)

Frost. That's my name. Why? I don't know. My parents must have liked the cold. No. They must have hated the cold, if they named me after it. If they loved me, I wouldn't be here right now, in the basement of my house, waiting for my punishment.

What had I done? Well, I'm yet to find out. I don't recall doing anything. 

After the first time I was punished, for eating a cookie when my father told me 'no', I decided it'd be best to do as I was told. Minutes later, my parents walked  down the basement stairs. My mother took her seat on the couch, holding my baby sister, Iris. She was born a few months ago and I hoped my parents wouldn't hurt her. They haven't so far, but I just hope it stays that way. 

I was tied to a chair when my father walked over to me and grabbed my chin.

"Did I do something wrong, Daddy?"

Slap.

"Don't ask questions!"

I whimpered quietly, nodding quickly.

"You did nothing wrong, stupid child. We're just sick of you. Isn;t that right, Lily?"

My mother nodded silently, smirking.

I wanted to ask what that meant.

But I knew I'd just get hit again.

My father walked over to a drawer, where he pulled out a large butchers knife. I'd seen this knife, only once before, and I hated it. I knew it was going to be used on me as my father walked towards me once more.

"Are you ready to die, baby girl?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head violently.

My father just laughed in response. "Too bad."

At this point he was standing directly over me, looking down at me with so much hatred in his face. This was it. I was about to be killed.