Chapter 4

I shivered as my exposed body touched the coldness of my dark room. I held my towel tighter on my body as I rummaged my drawers for clothes. It might be easier if I turn on my lights. I walked over to the wall, flicked on the lights, and turned around. I looked on my bed and saw a dress and a letter. I looked over to the piece of paper and realized my mom had left it. It read, "Jack, since this is going to be a somewhat nice dinner, I bought you this dress. :)" I looked at the dress; it was absolutely beautiful. It was a plain blue skate dress. The fabric was soft and a little bit stretchy. I slipped it on and it fit me perfectly. It accentuated my curves, which I didn't really enjoy, but I actually liked how I looked for once.

I put on my makeup and brushed out my hair. My hair was naturally curly at the ends and surprisingly naturally blonde on the ends as well. The top and middle of my hair was brown, though. It was naturally ombré. I decided to put on a matching blue beanie to finish off my outfit. I contemplated on whether or not to put on shoes because it was my own house but I ended up putting on my black vans.

"Jacky! Our guests are here!" I heard my mom frantically call from downstairs.

I heard the door open and greetings from downstairs. I checked my phone before going down and favourited each tweet without even bothering to read them. I held onto my phone as I walked out of my room. My toes started tingling again. I felt it. Something grabbed my shoulder. I turned around to see nothing. Then a push on my back caused me to fall forward. Luckily I saved myself from falling on my bandaged up scratches. I stood up and quickly turned around to see who pushed me but there was no one there. A shrieking laugh come from behind me. I quickly ran downstairs, not even bothering to look back. I calmed down a bit when I got downstairs and walked to the door. I froze at who I saw.

His beautiful smile was making his chubby cheeks look chubbier than normal. His shaggy, light brown hair was in his beautiful blue eyes. His eyelashes batted perfectly as he blinked. The one and only Danny Edge was standing in my house. I blinked quickly, not sure if I was going crazy or not. My jaw was dropped open and hanging on the floor.

"Jack, this is Louis Edge. And this is his son, Danny." my mom said.

"Mom? Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, still dumbfounded.

"Sure, uh excuse me." she said.

We walked into the kitchen were I started freaking out.

"Mom! Do you know who that is?" I whisper yelled.

"Yes, his name is Danny Edge." she responded.

"Yes, but do you know who he is?" I asked again.

"Is he someone famous?" she asked stupidly.

"Uh, yes! He's my favourite YouTuber! I talk about him everyday!" I whisper yelled again.

"Oh! Well, then go make friends!" she whispered excitedly whilst pushing me out of the kitchen.

I walked back to where the two guests were and introduced myself.

"Hi. I'm Jacklyn. You can call me Jack or Jacky. Let me just say, Danny, I'm a huge fan or you and Paul." I said.

Danny blushed which caused me to blush. I'm sure I was as red as a tomato.

"Oh, well thank you." Danny replied.

I blushed even more and invited them into the dining room. We all sat down at the table. My mom next to Mr. Edge and Danny next to me. We all started talking about something I can't remember when my mom said, "Jacky, why don't you tell them more about yourself?"

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "Uh, okay. I'm sixteen. I love bands like Mayday Parade, 5 seconds of summer, and Fall Out Boy. I love YouTube. I'm a huge fan of Danny and Paul. And I can't believe Danny is in my house right now." I babbled out. Danny Edge. The one and only Danny Edge was in my house. How is this even possible? Why does my mom know his dad?