Chapter 22

Ms. Morose P.O.V

I woke up to a massive headache and a destroyed house. I grabbed my phone off the table and looked at the time. 2:07 pm. I groaned and got off the couch. Well, more like rolled off the couch. I landed on the floor with a loud thump. I groaned again and stood up. I walked threw the trash and clutter to the kitchen. It was a mess too. I raided the cabinets looking for one thing to help with the pain. Advil. I found it and dry swallowed two. I walked upstairs to go check on Jack when I realized she wasn't in her room. I tried to remember what happened the night before, considering I was absolutely alone. 

 I remember Danny walking in. I remember me already being drunk. I remember him packing a bag full of Jack's things. I remember his father yelling at him. I remember Danny telling us how pathetic we were. And then I remember trying to chase after Danny to ask him how she is. The rest is a blur. I walked to the bathroom so I could try to get this stink of alcohol and something else off of me. I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower.

 After a long overdue shower, I got dressed and went downstairs. The headache was luckily gone but this mess wasn't. I decided I'd clean up the house and then eat breakfast; therefor, I'd be looking forward to being done. I cleaned the house rather fast and began to cook breakfast when I heard my phone ringing. I ran to the living room and quickly answered my phone, not even bothering to check who was calling. 

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey Ms. Morose!" a perky Ally responded.

"Hey, Ally! What's up?" I asked.

"I was just calling to see how Jack was. I've been so busy with work and everything that I haven't had time to visit her." 

"Oh! Yeah! She's doing fine. I mean, she's still in the coma but the doctors said she will be fine." I lied.

"Okay great! Well, I'll talk to you later. I have to get back to work." she said.

"Alright, Sweetie. Talk to you later. Buh bye." I said whilst hanging up.

I decided I should skip breakfast and actually try to go to the hospital. I picked up my purse and phone and keys and walked out the door. Once I got to the hospital, I saw Danny's friend sitting outside. What was his name? Ricky? No. Peter?

"Ms. Morose?" the boy called.

I smiled over towards him and began walking. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Am I not allowed to see my daughter in the hospital?" I asked jokingly.

"Well no. It's just you haven't been here." he replied. 

"Yeah, but I am now." I said as I began to walk in.

"Wait! You might want to hold off on that." he called.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because Danny is in there and he still hasn't totally calmed down since you two last talked." he said.

"I think I can see my own daughter, regardless of who's mad at me." I snapped.

"Yeah but just give him some time. He really needs it." he said.

"It's my daughter." I said as I walked into the hospital.

I walked through the halls to her room. Before entering, I looked through the window. I saw Danny crying. His hair was everywhere, he was definitely thinner. He didn't look good at all. Like he should be in one of the hospital beds. I then heard him talking. 

"I'm sorry she hasn't been here. But I'm here Jacky. And I know you are too. Just keep fighting. Please. I don't know how much longer I can take of this. Please. Wake up. I love you. I need you." he cried. 

I then slowly opened the door and walked in to face what I needed to face. My daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooooooooooo!!! Ms. Morose! Get your drunk little booty outta there! Sorry this is bad...I'm very very tired. I'm gonna go to bed. But hey! I promised a triple update soooo ayeeeee. Okay, nighty night potatoes.... Love youz! Byez!