Chapter 10

On the drive home, Paul wouldn't stop asking questions. I was half unconscious and didn't quite understand what he was asking. Every time I closed my eyes, Danny would always yell at me to not fall asleep just in case I have a concussion.

"Where are we going?" I asked, still half unconscious.

"Your house." Danny said quietly.

"No!" I screeched, gaining full consciousness.

Danny stopped the car abruptly and turned around to face me. Paul looked between Danny and me and then asked, "Why not? What's wrong?"

I looked at Danny and he looked at me. "What? Nothing." I said quickly.

"I think we should take her to the hospital." Paul whispered to Danny.

"No! I'm not going to the hospital! I'm fine! Just a few scrapes and bruises that's all." I yelled back.

They both turned to look at me. By reading their faces I could tell they were extremely confused. Should I tell them about what happens in hospitals? Should I tell Paul my secret? Should I fully place my trust in these two boys? I trust them anyway but they don't know what I did. The don't know what I do. And if I go to the hospital, they'll know. They'll see. They can't. No one can.

"Jack?" Paul said, waving his hand in front of my face.

I shook my head out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"Are you okay?" Paul asked.

"Yeah. Fine." I said quietly.

I looked down at my hands and out of the corner of my eye I saw Paul nod to Danny. I looked up and Paul was looking ahead and nodding to the song on the radio. Danny was looking ahead at the road. I looked back down at my hands. I noticed the fresh scrapes and cuts in them. The more I looked, the more it hurt. I closed my hands into a fist and looked out the window. I closed my eyes to relax after what just happened. Soon enough, when I opened my eyes, Danny was there. He was carrying me bridal style. I looked up to see a hospital sign and my heart immediately dropped. My eyes widened. I started to wiggle out of his grip.

"No! No! No!" I started to scream.

"No! You can't bring me in here! Please! Don't!" I continued to scream.

Nurses came to his rescue and grabbed me. Hot tears were falling from my face. The nurses pulled me away with such force that I couldn't get out of. I looked at Danny and Paul. Their faces were white. I had to say it. I had to.

"Danny! You brought me to her! You brought me to her!" I screamed at him.

The nurses brought me to a bed and that's the last thing I remembered. I woke up to see a bright white light. I thought I was dead. I wanted to be dead. But then I heard him. Paul's voice. I felt him. I felt Paul's hand on mine. I then saw him. I saw Paul's face hovering over mine.

"Paul." I croaked out.

He adjusted his seating and whispered a yes to me.

"Why? Why do you care?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he answered back.

"I mean, we only just met today. Yet here we are. In a hospital. Tears clouding our vision. Why?" I said in a whisper.

He didn't answer. He just looked around. He stood up and dropped my hand.

"Because I know you need to be cared about. I know you need us. I know you need to feel loved. I know you have secrets that haunt you in your sleep. I don't know how I know but I do." he said back.

"Where's Danny?" I said after a long silence.

Paul spun his head around and looked me dead in the eye. Something in him broke a little.

"He's crying in the lobby." he said softly.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

HI!!! So sorry for the no updates! But guess what?? I'm 14 now!! Yay! 4 more years until I'm out! 2 more years until my license! Ahhh! I have to say, this year definitely redeemed itself from last year. Last year sucked. Let's just say, someone did something that wasn't too sweet and I just got worse from there. That's all I can really say. So yeah! Okay, well I'm gonna try to update more but I have to put a warning at the beginning of the book and change the summary so watch out for that.

Love youz!!

Byez!!

⌘Ammanda⌘