Chapter Three: Freshies

{Austin's POV}

The name makes me cringe whenever someone mentions it..or even  when I think about it..Robby Douglas...

*Flashback*

"Can't believe we're gonna be in high school! Best part? We can go through this journey together!" Dani said. "Let's just hope we have the same classes together." I said while mentally praying that Dani and I will have the same classes. We drove into the school parking lot and walked into the school for student orientation. We both walked in and the whole place was full of people. "Hello! Welcome to Miami Ridge High School!" said a lady with a big smile. "Hi!" Dani and I said at the same time. "You students must be freshies!" I gave her a confused look. "Freshies, as in Freshmans." "Oh okay!" Wow, I'm so dumb. "What's your full name young lady?" "Danielle Louise Edwards" she said with an angellic tone. "Okay Miss Edwards, go to Line 7 and wait to get all the information you need." "Okay! Thanks! See ya later Austin!" "And what's your name sir? Austin Carter Mahone." "Okay, go to Line 3 and wait for your information there!" "K thanks!" Student orientation wasn't as long as I thought it would be. It was only about thirty minutes to an hour.

We finished up our student orientations and we drove to the mall. We went into a lot of shops to get some new clothes for the school year. "Austin look at this!" Dani pointed to a red leather jacket with red Lebron James shoes. "That's sick! You know me too well." "Of course I do! I'm your best friend!" she said and gave me a wink. Whenever she winks...it makes me weak in the knees..We finished up our shopping and grabbed something to eat. We spent the whole day together just hanging out and enjoying the rest of our summer vacation. I'm ready to start my high school journey, with Dani.

It has been a week since student orientation. Today is the first day of school and I'm pumped. I picked up Dani from her house and we drove to school. We pulled up into the parking lot and walked into the building. "Ready for this?" I asked "Ready!" We both went into the hallway and got our locker numbers and the classes we were going to take. I don't know if it was luck, but Dani and I got the same classes together! I was so excited to be spending even more time with her! But, I just wished that we we're more than friends..She's got what I need..but she says she's just a friend.

While I was walking through the hallway, trying to find Dani, I saw her on the ground picking up her books. Turns out some guy bumped into her...he helped her pick them up and had a three minute conversation with her...it seemed like forever..I have to admit, I was jealous. They finally finished up their conversation and Dani walked up to me. "Who the hell was that?" I asked. "Oh him?" she pointed to the guy. "Yeah.." "Oh, his name is Robby." "Oh nice." I said while I was gritting my teeth. "Austin, I barely even know the guy, besides, I'm not ready for a relationship, yet! Who knows, maybe my first relationship will be with you." I just blushed at the thought of being able to kiss her whenever I wanted to, and to protect her whenever some jerk wanted to hurt her.