Chapter 5: Hypnotic

Kim and I piled into the car. Emms and Jewls were in the back seat looking excited and on edge, like they couldn’t wait to get to wherever it was we were going. I barely had my seatbelt buckled before Kim ripped out of my driveway. 

“Trinity, is that what you’re going to wear?” Emms asked with a frown.

“Um, yeah. Why?”

“Oh Trinity,” Jewls said shaking her head.

“I told you she wouldn’t know what to wear,” Emms said looking at Kim.

“Don’t worry. I brought clothes for her. She can change at the place.”

“What wrong with what I’m wearing?” I asked looking at Kim. She was wearing a fitted red kami that hugged her curves and a tight skirt that just barely reached her mid-thigh, heels that strapped around her ankle, and her make-up was done so well it looked like a professional had done it. You wouldn’t think she was in high school with the clothes she was wearing.

“Did I not tell you to wear something sexy?”

“I don’t own anything sexy,” I said a said irritably.

“I know, Hun, that’s why I brought you something to wear,” she said with a devious smile.

Emms and Jewls laughed. I sat back in my seat wondering if going out was a good idea. Not like it matter now; it was too late to go back.

Kim parked in this little café store parking lot. She decided it would be better for me to get dressed here, so I assumed this wasn’t the place we were going to tonight. I was surprised that a café would still be open this late much less expect people to be in it, but there were. As we pushed open the door all heads turned toward us. Everyone in there looked to be middle aged or older and their gazes followed us as we made a beeline for the bathroom.

Before the door had even swung shut, Kim thrust clothes at me and shoved me into a stall with a demand to get dressed quick. I took a moment to scrutinize the clothes. They didn’t look too bad; everything was black and didn’t look too revealing. I kept reminding myself it was only for one night. It wouldn’t kill me to look good for one night. It took me about five minutes to get dressed, and then Kim and Emms did my make-up while Jewls did something with my hair. I’m not sure when she obtained a straightening iron, but I thought best not to question it. I let them do as they pleased reminding myself it was only for one night. After about thirty minutes they stepped back, looked at me, then exchanged smiles.

“Uh, how do I look?” I asked a little nervous.

“You look great,” Jewls said smiling.

“You look like a different person,” Emms chimed packing up her make up supplies.

“Ladies I think we achieved the impossible: Trinity is hot,” Kim said looking self-satisfied. “Alright, lets hit the club.”