Chapter Four

I stood in front of my car, wondering what to do with it. It's not everyday you come across a car that had its own personality. I mean, of course every car has its own personality. But, this one... is real. "What to name you...?" I wondered, tapping my chin lightly. I couldn't possibly keep calling the car, 'car,' that would be lame. Besides, some people give their cars a name. Why can't I?

I pondered at what to call it, when another question popped in my head. "Wait a minute... Are you a... girl or a guy?" I asked. Did cars have their own gender?

                        Beeep Beep. Beeeeep.

Crap, I have no clue what the fuck it's talking about. "Uhh..." I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck. "I've got it! How about... you honk once for yes, and two times for no. Is that... okay?" I suggested. It sounded like a better idea. At least I would be able to communicate with him or her.

                        Beep.

"Great. So, are you a girl?" I asked curiously. It honked twice. "Oh... okay. Sorry." I said in realization. "Now to name you..." I trailed off. How about the name... Gus? No. Larry? Definitely not. Uhh... Josh? Haha. Maybe I shouldn't.

"How about... Drew." I suggested, pacing around the car. "Is that okay?" I asked.

                        Beep.

That's good. "Alright." I stated. I kinda like that name, but of course that comes in second after Josh. Speaking of which, I still have to download some more songs for the iPod. "Hey umm, Drew, I'll be in the house for a bit. You don't mind staying here alone?" I asked. 

                        Beep Beep.

"Oh come on. It won't even be that long." I cooed, gently petting the hood of the car. "I promise, okay?" I added. The vehicle didn't respond this time anymore. I guess that means he's fine with it? I began taking steps to the door when I realized the floor was wet. "What the..." I raised my shoe to see a brownish puddle of car oil. "What the hell, man?" I complained.

                        Beeeeeeeeeeep Beeeeeeeeeep.

"Shhh! The neighbors are going to hear us!" I yelled, but it continued to honk. The engine growled and the windshield wipers went on and off. "Shut up!" I threatened, sounding colder than I was expecting.

Silence overcame the room, and everything went motionless.

"I'm sorry." I muttered softly, stepping towards the silver car. "But, I'll just be gone for a little bit." I told him. "Here. I'll even take you out later. Does that sound good?" I asked. 

                          Beep.

"Alright. I'll be back in about half an hour." I said, walking to the door. I took one last glance at it, before entering the house. Oh god, this car... how am I supposed to do to help it? I shuffled my feet up the stairs into my bedroom.

It didn't take too long to download some songs off iTunes. An hour maybe...? Or two. "Oh crap, I hope he doesn't get mad at me." I bit my lips, heading back downstairs. There was a bag of McDonalds laying on the counter along with a note.

Hey Niall, I saw the oil leak in the garage, so I took the car out to get it checked. I'll probably be back in an hour. But, here's the McDonald's. That's twelve dollars you owe me now.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! He took my car! There's nothing wrong with the car, oh my god. I picked up my phone and dialled his number. On the second tone, he answered. "Greg, where are you?" I asked anxiously. "I'm at the auto repair shop." he answered. Oh shit... "Is anything wrong with the car?" I asked, nervously.