Chapter Eleven

Okay, this chapter's another climb towards the climax. Golly, we're almost at the top.

I thought this chapter would answer some question you all have been wanting to know. But due to procrastination and last minute writing, I was able to come up with this: a chapter with more questions than answers.

In this update, I have decided to bring back Liam. Yes, it's been nine chapters ago since he's made an appearance, but he's back. So let's all be thankful for that. [:

Another thing about this chapter is that Zayn won't be here because it focuses on Niall more. Just a little heads up. But of course he'll be back.

____________________________________________________________

"Hey, Niall," Josh greeted as soon as I opened my locker. I returned a weak smile.

"What happened to you?" He asked, leaning his shoulder against the wall. I yawned and took out my math book. "Nothing... Just stayed up late. That's all." I hummed tiredly; my eyelids felt like they weighed a ton. He chuckled, "That's not like you."

Yeah, it was true; I was never the type to stay up past midnight. One certain person—or car I should say, was the one to blame. But Josh wouldn't know.

"Come on," Josh trudged, "We're going to be late for class if we don't go now." I groaned. School had barely started and I felt like dying. Remind me next time to never stay up so late before Monday, because my walking pace extremely sluggish and I could barely keep my balance.

"Niall, do you need to go to the nurse?" Josh asked, lending me some support; his arm wrapped around my waist. I shook my head slowly, "I'll be fine. Just help me get to class," I suggested, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks.

~*~ 

My stomach growled for the fourth time: this one being the loudest. "How much longer will this take?" I moped quietly. Josh chuckled beside me. "Shut up," I scolded, giving him a shove.

"Sorry." He apologized and then began digging through his backpack. A second later, he whispered, "I have a Snickers, you want it?"

I stared blankly at him. "You had food the whole time, and you tell me now?" I asked incredulously. He smiled nervously, "I just remembered," and pulled out the chocolate candy bar.  "Well thanks, I guess." I sneered purposefully, snatching it out of his hand. He ran his fingers through his hair and tilted his head apologetically, like he did something wrong.

"I was just kidding. Thanks." I said genuinely. "Uhh... no... problem." he murmured, resuming his notetaking.

My heart pumped a little faster as I saw how cute he looked when he was so focused. I sighed in content with a faltering smile. Josh: the person who will probably never like me back was my best friend... God, just give me a sign. Make him come out of the closet already! Make him gay so that I actually could have a chance.

"Niall, are you busy after school?" Josh suddenly asked, at the same time jotting down notes. My breath hitched. "Mmm, nope." I answered, "Why?" He shifted his eyes to me. "Oh uhh... I was... wondering if you wanted to maybe come over and hang out," Josh said. "–unless you're busy. Then nevermind." he quickly added.