Chapter 7

Joey's P.O.V. (Tuesday)

I woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face. Yes, I did come to the conclusion that I was indeed gay.

Why was I so open in telling Mr.Preda that when I hadn't really officially came out? I mean, everyone kinda assumed I was gay so I didn't care if they knew. But a teacher, that I had never met before, I just came right out and said it. It must be because he seems so approachable.

I walk into the class this morning. Of course, I am the last one like always. I see Mr.Preda sitting at his desk. Looking cute as ever if I might add.
He looks up and smiles, "Good Morning Joey!" He said that really cheery.
"Good morning Mr. Preda," I replied equally as cheery with a large smile.

I take my seat in the back and Meghan looks at me funny.
"What?" I ask her in my high-pitched offended voice.
"I don't know but ever since yesterday you have been extremely cheery and honestly it is frightening me," she says with a serious face.
"I have just found more reasons to be happy lately," I reply facing forward because Mr. Preda is trying to get everyones attention.
"Whatever," she mumbles.

"Alrighty. So I am assigning you guys a book report. The report must be atleast 5 pages long. It will be on the book Great Expectations by Charles Dickons. This will be a major part of your grade so I suggest you take it seriously. I will be helping on these reports after school. You can talk to me at the end of class if you would like to sign up," everyone in the class sounded upset except for me. Instead my smile grew wider.

This is perfect. I can find out if Mr.Preda has any feelings for me. If he doesn't, then I will get over it. But if he does, I will pursue him.

At the end of class, Josh and Colleen sign up for a joint after school session since they can't seem to go a minute without eachother.

"Hey Mr. Preda," I say really sweetly.
"Hey Joey! I didn't figure you would need any help," he said with a smirk.
"Well I have minor dyslexia and I just needed help making sure everything comes out right," I mean that is partly true. Of course I could write this paper without help. But why would I pass up this opportunity?
"Okay. You can come after school everyday starting today. Once a week we will have Josh and Colleen with us but other than that it will be just one on one help," he said.
"Well I guess I will see you this afternoon Mr.Preda. Oh I was wondering. Since I will be coming afterschool alot, could I get your number to make the communication about the sessions easier?" When I said this it was like an earthquake was happening I was shaking so badly.
"Sure," he started to write it down. He hands it to me and say, "See you this afternoon, Joseph." I took the slip of paper from his hand. I accidentally grabbed his hand a little and just blushed. I waved bye as I walked out of the classroom.

I can not believe I just did that. Let's just see if I can keep up my courage.

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
Thank you for 250 views. I know that doesn't seem like alot but I didn't expect anyone to like this story. So thank you for the continued support and reading my story xoxo <3