Chapter 28

Daniel's P.O.V.

The bell rings and everyone scurries to their next class. Joey stays behind. Hopefully he is planning on telling me what happened. I feel sick to my stomach from all the anxiety of what happened.
"Why did Ricky get called down there with you, Joesph?" I ask Joey. I can tell that when I called him Joesph it aggervated him. It always does.
"I will explain everything this afternoon. It is all okay. We are going to get out of this," he says wrapping his arms around his neck. I then fit my hands to his waist. The things I could do to this boy... Instead, I dig my face into his neck and we just stand there for a minute. Then we pull away and give eachother a short kiss.
"I love you," I whispers in Joey's ear.
"I love you too," I whisper back into his ear.

Joey tells me goodbye. I know I will see him this afternoon but every second away from him I feel empty. He walks out of the room. I seem him stop in his tracks as he takes one step out of the door. I turn and understand why he stopped. There stood Ricky, watching it all in shock. I start to feel sick to my stomach when I see the look on Ricky's face. Shit.

I walk over to Joey and Ricky and pull them both into the classroom. Good thing the school gives them 15 minutes between classes. Joey's face is pale so I know he is freaking out. I subtly place my hand on his back to comfort him. But I know the last thing he wants right now is for me to show affection to him infront of Ricky.

"So he is the one that gave you the hickey," Ricky says. His eyebrow beging to go up. Almost evily.
"Y-yeah. Ricky please don't tell anyone. Daniel can't go to jail because of me. Ricky ple-," Ricky cuts Joey off.
"So what you're saying is you want me to lie to the principal just so you don't get caught? And on top of that, you want me to fake being your boyfriend so they will believe you the next time this son of a bitch marks you?" He says. Ricky laughs at his last sentence. What did he just call me? I decide to keep my mouth shut but i can see Joey made the decision to open his.
"Listen here Ricky, I don't know what your problem is. Sorry that we can't actually date. You have been in love with me forever and I have never liked you. But, since you did love me, you should be happy with the fact that I found love. You should be happy that I am happy. And you should try to protect my hapiness as if it was your own," Joey says interlocking his fingers with mine. I don't know why but everytime he does that, chills are sent through my body.
"Well, Joey, if he ends up breaking your heart, which who wouldn't, don't come crying to me. And if the principal ever does find out, then don't bring my name into it. I won't tell," he says.
"You have the wrong perception of me if you think I would break his heart. I could never and would never. My mom taught me that if something is ever broken you should fix it. You shouldn't throw it away. So, if at some point in our relationship something becomes broken, we will work to fix it. I won't break his heart," I said holding strong eye contact with Ricky. I could tell it was making him uncomfortable because he kept looking away. But I didn't. Because I meant every word I said.

Ricky walks out of the room and it is just me and Joey for the next seven minutes. All I do is give him a big hug and whisper in his ear over and over, I love you Joey Graceffa. And I always will. After 5 minutes, he gives me a quick yet passionate kiss goodbye and walks to the door. But before he leaves he tells me he loves me too. Then he walks out.

Why do people think I wouls break his heart? Honestly I could never. Could I?

_______________________________________
A

uthors Note:
Are you guys still enjoying the story? I know most of y'all wanted me to update ASAP after yesterday's update. Anyways, make sure to check out 'The Silver Lining'. It would mean alot to me if you did! Thank you for reading my stories! See y'all tomorrow xoxo <3