MSB: Bumping Into the Ex

It was 2 in the afternoon, and Kendall was done with classes for the day. She was walking out of the campus like she was a zombie. "I need caffeine..."

"Kendall. I'm over here." She turned to her left, and saw her boyfriend leaning against the wall, holding something in his hand. "Here, I got you a frappe with extra espresso shots. I had a feeling that you would need it today."

"Thank you so much! You're a life saver!" She snatched it out of his hands, and started to slurp it down. "That's the stuff..."

"Hehe. I'm glad you like it. How was classes today?"

"I don't even want to answer that question..."

"Why? Did something bad happen?"

"No. I just don't like going to school. No matter how much sleep I get, I'm exhausted every time I come to this place!"

"I know, you say that every time. Do you have work today?"

"Yes I do. Luckily, I get to go home early today so as soon as I'm done, I'm going to crash."

"Really? I got both of us a surprise that I got in the mail today."

"...What surprise?"

He pulled out two tickets to go on a two night cruise. "I ordered these a while back, and they finally arrived. I was going to surprise you with this when it came."

"WE'RE GOING ON A CRUISE?!"

"Hehe yes. Both of us have been working so hard lately that we barely get to see each other. So I planned a cruise for the two of us tonight."

"Did you know that you're the best and that I love you?"

"I do. I love you too."

She looked at the time on her phone. "If we move now, I'll make it on time."

He held out his hand. "Then let's go." She took his hand, and headed towards her workplace. "This is nice weather, don't you agree?"

She nodded in agreement, and faintly heard a sound of a cry. "Hey... Do you hear that?" He stopped and looked around his surroundings. "I think it's coming from over there."

They headed over towards the sound that sounded like a muffled cry. At the corner of an empty alleyway, they found a little girl that had her face buried in her knees. Mizuki kneeled down to her, and asked in a soft voice, "What's wrong?"

The little girl lifted her head up, wiping away her tears. "I want my mommy..." Tears were falling from her face, and hiccuped a few times.

"We will help you find your mother."

The little girl looked at him surprised, and wiped her tears away with her sleeves. "You'll help me find my mommy..?"

He nodded. "Of course. We will look for her together." He held out his hand, and in response, she looked down.

"What's wrong?"

"Well... My legs are tired."

He let out a light chuckle. "I'll give you a piggyback ride then." Her eyes brighten, and got on his back eagerly. On the other hand, Kendall was just watching the whole thing and couldn't help but grin and blush, enjoying the beautiful moment. 'He would make a great dad oh my god...' He caught her staring at him and smiled. "What are you smiling about?"

She snapped out of her daze. "N-Nothing! I wasn't thinking about how you would make a great dad or anything!" 'That sounded so tsundere... That's Kaiji's job!'

"We're going to find your mother. So please don't cry anymore." The little girl vaguely nodded, and rested her chin on his shoulder. "You're such a strong girl. What is your name?"