Balance between us (Tsu'tey)

Prologue

I had just turned 13 when it happened. Mother and father were waiting for Ryuji to get home from the university, they wanted to greet him with his favorite food on our birthday. Ryuji was 5'10 with short ink black hair and blue eyes, scrawny and wore thin frame glasses. He was at the height of his career heading to Pandora within the following week, a genius child for our family. No wonder our parents favored him over the eldest daughter who was raised to hunt and kill anyone who wanted to hurt him. A guardian and a well known footballer, that was me. I sat at the table with my team enjoying food we bought after a harsh game, everyone but me laughing while I stared at the door waiting for my baby brother. 'Whats taking Ryu so long?' I questioned myself, 'he should have been here and hour ago' standing up I swiftly walked to the door, yanking it open.

"Hello miss are your parents home?" One of the 2 men asked looking at me. Something me and Ryuji shared, our 5'10 height. Nodding slowly I called for my parents watching as they shifted under my gaze softly.

"If this is about getting Ryuji to make a weapon for the government you can leave now." I growled at them as my parents appeared behind me.

"That isn't the case miss we came to inform you that Ryuji Tsukiyomi passed in a car accident." The taller of the two informed us. It seemed like he didn't care and was just bored, I would have hit him if it wasn't for what he said. Ryuji was dead. My twin brother was dead. The only person in our family who cared for me was gone.

He wouldn't be coming back.

"-ins it can work out. All you need to give us is a DNA sample." Snapping out of my thoughts I looked at the shorter man who was more talkative than his partner. "You can take his spot. Start over on a new planet and do as you like. If your willing to that is."

Ryuji was the only thing keeping me here. Without him I was nothing, just a soulless being. Ryuji was suppose to live longer than me, care for me, he was my light to the future and now that he was gone there were little possibilities of surviving here without him. Mother and father would blame me and order me killed. Looking at both men I held my hand out and nodded.

"I'll do it."

I didn't realize what I was putting myself into.