Balance between us 9: the end

Jakes point of view~

That night, I got linked in and went up to the Tree of Souls.

My idea was somewhat desperate, but I needed to do something. The Na'vi had a strong belief in Eywa, Grace was with her now, so maybe she could help. I attached my queue to one of the glowing branches.

"I don't know if you're listening to me, but I hope you are. You need to know what's happening. If Grace is with you, look into her memories, see the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother and they're going to do the same here. More Sky People are going to come. They're going to come like a rain that never ends unless we stopped them. You chose me and Suzaku for something. You know I'll fight for them until my last breath so will Suzaku, but I've need a little help here. Please, if you're there, help us."

I closed my eyes and then I heard a soft voice whispering to me. It Na'vi tongue, but it was gentle and soft, like a mother trying to soothe her child.

I let go and felt my mate's hand on my shoulder.

"Our Great Mother does not take sides, Jake," said Neytiri, gently. "She protects only the balance of life."

"I had to ask," I murmured, as we rested our foreheads against each other's.

"Are you afraid?"

"The only thing I'm afraid of is not being with you," I admitted. " I'm also afraid do Suzaku....she is dying... Slowly but in a few moons she will."

"Shh, shh, shh," said Neytiri, as she held me close. "That will never happen. She is strong like Tsu'tey, nothing will take them down." I sighed. "Neytiri, if I had never come here..."

"We would all be lost to the Sky People," she interrupted. "We would have no hope. And my life would be meaningless. You are the reason I keep fighting. You are the reason my life has any purpose. I would rather die in the battle tomorrow than continue to live without you."

"I feel the same way," I murmured.

She rested her head against my chest as I held her and stroked her hair.

Whatever happened, our lives were full of purpose and meant something greater now because we'd been together. We shared a few more kisses and held each other close throughout the rest of the night.

"Suzaku point of view~

I smiled as they walked away to sleep. Cesc softly pawed at my leg, wanting me to finally go to sleep. I patted his paw and sat against his side, loving the warmth he emitted. "This is it boy...tomorrows the day."I said as I gazed up at the sky. "I hope my brother thinks I'm doing the right thing...."

"I'm sure your brother will approves of your choice, Suzaku."Tsu'tey said moving out from the tree cover.

I nodded and continued gazing upwards, we stayed silent for a few more moments enjoying the peace while we could. "There is something clouding your mind?" Tsu'tey asked a few minutes later as he moved to stand in front of us. Cesc growl as he formed a protective cacoon around me.

I chuckled lightly and patted his head which had moved to rest by my leg. "Calm Cesc, calm. It is only Tsu'tey there is no need for hostility." The palulukan huffed before shutting his eyes and curling a bit more. I began petting his head lightly just enough to lull him to sleep.

"Tsu'tey I'm afraid." I admitted looking toward him. " War is all I've ever known in my life. Pandora was at peace until sky people came and for that I am sorry." I said bowing my head.

"Don't be such a child!" He snapped making me look back at him. Furry, sorrow and something else in his eyes, "It was not you who did this! You had no part in what the sky people did! You are Omaticaya!"