Balance between us 7: The begining of the end

When morning came, I didn't know how, but I knew something was wrong.

I ignored the pain in my body and the protests of Grace to eat something and got linked in to my Avatar.

I woke up to Tsu'Tey shaking me awake. "Get up we must leave." He ordered shaking me roughly again. We went to the Pali, a group of 6 warriors including us, as we made our way to the tree of voices. We werent that far out when I heard the familiar sounds of bulldozers. 'Come on Kalix run faster' I urged the pali as we moved ahead of the others. "What do you think your doing dreamwalker!" Tsu'tey shouted angrily. As we hit the clearing i slid to a stop and to my horror, I found that there were bulldozers crashing down and plowing their way through the trees.

"No!" I shouted, in horror. This was all my fault. I should have stopped Jake and Selfridge.

"Suzaku what is the meaning of this!" Tsu'tey shouted angrily as he and the others stopped beside me.

"I don't know! This is not right! Humanity has no right to destroy another world!" I shouted and galloped forward, ignoring their calls, I grabbed my bow and an arrow from my quiver, the ones I always have. "Cartridge 08 load!" I shouted jumping from the Palis back onto the wheel. I felt a click and continued up the wheel until I was at the top. By now many soldiers were firing at me notching the arrow I fired it at the mid point and grabbed another. Setting my sights on the trees I fired and swung myself into the trees. A bullet grazed my shoulder causing me to let go and land harshly in the trees bouncing a few meters before stoping.

"Suzaku!!! Suzaku!!!" I heard several voices shout near by. Getting up I hauled myself to my feet and ran toward the group, taking Tsu'teys hand and rode with them.

Then we ran for Hometree. We had to warn the People before things became too late.

When we arrived, Tsu'tey quickly told Eytucan and saying he was mad was an understatement. He was furious and preparing for a battle.

"Tsu'Tey will lead the battle," he declared.

All the Na'vi cheered in agreement, except for Jake, Neytiri and myself.

"Stop, please!" Grace yelled. Where had she come from? But I didn't ask. "This will only make it worse."

"You do not speak here!" Tsu'tey snapped. "We will strike them at the heart!"

"Tsu'tey, don't do this!" Jake and I yelled.

Speaking was a mistake, as Tsu'tey shoved me down and punched Jake in the face. Tsu'tey let out an angry growl and Neytiri moved to stand in front of Jake as if to protect him like a-

My eyes widened as I realized what had happened.

"Have You mated with this woman?" he snarled sounding broken.

"Oh, crap," said Grace. She looked shocked and I couldn't blame her. Jake had taken the daughter of the Clan leader as a mate and never said a word!

Mo'at looked furious and asked sternly, "Is this true?"

Neytiri did not waver and her voice was firm as she said, "We are mated before Eywa. It is done."

Tsu'tey looked furious as well.

"Brother, please," I begged, feeling desperate. "Do not attack the Sky People. Many Omaticaya will die if you do."

Tsu'tey then launched himself at me, but Jake flung him away from me and then he held a knife in front of him. Mo'at quickly pulled me away from them to stand with Eytukan and Neytiri, both parents standing protectively in front of me. "She is not part of this brother!" he snarled.