Balance between us6: Short chapter

It was the day of my ceremony. When I would become one of the people. Neytiri and another Na'vi girl painted my body and prepared me for the ceremony. The Na'vi says every person is born twice. The second time is when you earn your place among the People forever. After getting prepared, I walked up to where the other Na'vi people were waiting.

Eytukan said, "You are now a daughter of the Omaticaya. You are part of the People."

All of them began smiling and placing their hands on my body, forming a giant web of blue. Eytukan and Mo'at put there hands on me first followed by Netiri and Tsu'tey both of whom were smiling brightly at me. I was happy about belonging somewhere for the first time in life. For the first time, I felt like I was truly home.

"I am proud of you Suzaku. You have made us proud, " Eytukan said.

"I am happy to be accepted as one of the people," I replied, making him look pleased.

After me it was Jakes turn and then the celebration. I smirked as I saw both of them slip off without notice. Shaking my head slightly but looked up when someone called my name. I noticed Mo'at and Eytukan motioned me over. Saying goodbye to the na'vi I had been speaking to I went to the clan leaders, one with a large smile and the other with the slightest lift of the corners of his lips. "I see you Olo'eytecayan Tsahik." I greeted touching my forehead and smiling at them.

"Suzaku....there has been much talk around hometree that you blend in better than JakeSully as on of the people." Eytukan began motioning me to sit in front of them. I nodded and he continued, "Neytiri has also informed us of how much you are like our eldest daughter yet so different...."

"We want you to be our daughter." Mo'at cut in smiling gently toward me. Eytukan cuffed her ear softly making mo'at shoot him a mischievous look. But she turned back to me, "We remembered that you had told us you were out castes from your family. What happened does not matter but we want you to join our family...to be our daughter." Her request was sincere and heart warming that I felt tears at the edge of my eyes that I rubbed them with a smile.

"Thank you.....my San'ok and sem'pul never cared for me, not like you have....I would be honored to be your daughter." Mo'at smiled as did Eytukan although only a bit more lift of the lips. They both put a hand on my cheeks, caressing them.

A while later I sat next to my Ikran watching the night sky while he coiled his body around me protectively. "Ne Kizuna let's go hunting tomorrow and bring back San'ok and sempul favorite meat." I suggested to him. He growled in agreement and snuggle his head deeper into my lap. The warmth of my Ikran began lulling me to sleep I didn't realize that I was being carried back to where my hammock was. I felt a strong chest and the scent of the forest along with something sour filled my nose. Sighing I snuggled into the person murmuring Jake, Ryuji, and Sempuls names. I felt myself being put down and turned over snuggling comfortably into my hammock. "Thank you Ma Tsu'tey." I murmured, mind off in dreamland that I didn't notice what I had said.

"Anything for Ma Suza." A deep voice murmured pushing me further to sleep that I didn't realize was pressed softly to my forehead.