Chapter 4: Enough of the Crying

*Addy's POV*

I woke up in my bed very confused. The last thing I remember is talking to Ryker in his room about the spur of the moment news we were told. It's only 5:30 am and it's Sunday, so everyone is asleep still. I go and take a long hot shower and to try to get the smeared mascara off my face. When I get out of the shower I brush my hair and teeth than head to my room to get dressed. I put my hair in a messy bun, put on a flannel, shorts. I look at the clock and notice it's already 8 am. I head out of my room and shut the door behind me.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear dishes banging, it's probably Jamie. When I come into view of the kitchen I realize that is not Jamie, but my mom packing the dishes. I walk in without saying a word and I grab a bowl. I pour myself some Fruity Pebbles and grab a spoon, I turn around to grab the milk. To my surprise I spot Ryker standing with the fridge door open and drinking the rest of the milk right from the jug. I pick up my bowl and walk closer to Ryk with a glare , I throw my cereal at him by the handfuls until it's gone. I set my bowl down and walk out of the kitchen then I hear him say " Don't you think you should come back here and clean this up?" I stomp up the stairs " Fuck Off RYKER!" and of course he has a sarcastic comment " Aw thanks sis, don't worry I'll clean it up"

When I reach the top of the stairs I notice my door is open and I see my dad walking in with boxes. When I go into my room I run right into my dad and we both start laughing. After a few minutes we finally stop laughing I go sit on my bed and he leaves and comes back a minute later with more boxes. After he set the boxes down he comes and sits down next to me with a small smile. " The movers will be here in a few days, so you better pack. Pack everything you won't need between now and Sunday." I begin to cry and I lean against him, he rubs my head " You will do just fine, you should be excited that you get to go to the states. He then gets up and leaves and I know he isn't coming back when he shuts the door behind him.

After I spend a few minutes trying to calm myself down I decide that it is time to call Sophie and let her know what's going on. I spend at least 5 minutes trying to find my phone, I ended up finding it under my pillow. I pick it up and call her, she answers on the first ring

"Hey Addy! Why didn't you call me back?"

" Sorry, that family meeting last night has me a bit distracted"

" Oh! Why what happened?"

I Started to cry again " We are moving on Saturday..."

"What, where to?!"

"...Some where in the States...I haven't been told where yet though"

I can hear some sniffling on the other line and then some ruffling then you hear her pick the phone back up.

" I got to go, talk later." and the line goes dead.

I get up off my bed and start packing my room. There's a knock on my door, but I don't bother to answer it. Riker walks in with a blank expression on his face "Wanna talk?" He goes and sits on my bed. I shut my door and lean against it, I slide down til my butt hits the floor. I look up and stare at Ryker and start crying as I nod my head yes. He looks at me and smiles " I think you've cried enough."

*Author's note*
This is my longest chapter yet... Progress.
Let me know what you think
XOXO ~Emily