Chapter 6: I Didn't Even Know

* Ryker's POV*

When I finally get to the school I park my car and sprint down the hill to the soccer field as quick as possible. I finally reach it and I see practice has already started. I look around trying to spot Alison, but I can't seem to find her. I rush over to the coach and almost run right into her. She turns to me with a concerned look on her face.

" Mr. Rivers what are you doing here?!"

" Coach, I know you don't like me coming to practice because I am a distraction to Alison, but i really need to talk to her. I only need 5 minutes."

" Ryker, have you not received the news?"

" No Ma'am. what news"

she grabs me by the shoulder and looks like she's about to cry "Ryker... Alison has been rushed to the hospital. She was involved in a car accident on her way here. I'm sorry."

I turn around and run to my car I start the ignition, buckle up and speed out of the school's parking lot. I pick up my phone to call Addy, it rings and rings and I soon get her voicemail. I throw my phone to the back seat and slam my fist on the steering wheel.

After 20 long minutes I finally reach the hospital. I find the nearest parking spot and rush In through the automatic doors, I hurry to the front desk

" Good afternoon sir, how can I help you?"

" I need to know where Alison Martinez is!"

" Let me check for you.... room 351"

" And where would that be?"

" oh um yes, take the elevator to the third floor and it's the last room on the left"

"okay thank you"

When I get to the elevator there is a bunch of people waiting

" I don't have time for this"

I head to the staircase and sprint up them. when I reach the top I continue to sprint to the room and stop short when I almost run into the doctor exiting the room.

" Whoa there young man, you shouldn't be running in a hospital"

" Sorry Alison is my girlfriend. Is she alright?"

" we are not sure yet, we are about to run some tests. She is sleeping right now which is a good thing, so try not to wake her"

" Alright, and I'm Ryker by the way"

" Nice to meet you Ryker I'm Dr. Simpson, well I have a patient waiting for me. Hopefully when I see you I will have good news. Bye for now Ryker."

I walk in there and see Ali sleeping soundly on the hospital bed. I go to the spare chair and slide it up next to her bed. She doesn't look too beat up, so I grab her hand and begin to cry and think to myself how could this happen. I soon fall asleep.

*Alison's POV*

(few hours later)

I'm waking up to a really bad headache and someone holding my hand. I quickly pull it away and put it under the blanket. I look up to see whose hand it was and I realize it was Ryker, he has a saddening look on his face that makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. I give him my hand and we sit there in complete silence for quite some time.

There is a knock on the door and Ryker says "Come in"

Dr. Simpson walks in and closes the door behind her. She walks to the computer next to my bed.

"Any news?"

"Yes, I have good news and some bad news" Ryker stands up at the sound of this with a worried look on his face

" well give me the bad news first"

" Well, we contacted your family in Scotland... they can't fly out here to see you. We are sorry"

I begin to cry and Ryker speaks up

" Alright and what's the good news?"

" Yes, the good news is both Alison and the baby are okay, there is no severe damages, just some cuts that will heal."

I stop crying and look from the doctor to Ryker who has a very blank face and back to Dr. Simpson

" I think you have made a mistake. I am not pregnant."

" Your blood work says other wise. We are going to do a sonogram to see if we can find out how far along you are"

I look over to Ryker who doesn't look any what happy. Dr. Simpson sees this and says " I'll go get a nurse and give you guys sometime to talk" and she exits the room. Ryker starts heading towards the door.

" Ryker! I swear I didn't even know!" I yell

*Author's note*

Hey guys sorry it's taken me so long to continue writing. There are lots of mistakes in the last couple chapters and I apologize for it now.

I want  to know if anyone saw this coming. It was a very spontaneous thought that popped into my head.
Five days till my birthday!

Well comment vote share!

xoxo Emily