chapter five

“Okay, everyone quiet down. For your Romeo & Juliet project, you will be paired up with person you are sitting next to. Remember, the paper must be a minimum of one thousand words and its due Monday,” says my peppy, AP literature teacher, Mrs. Campbell. I guess that means that Blake is my partner; this is good, considering we live in the same house.

The rest of the day went by fast and luckily Blake’s girlfriend, Clio, wasn’t here today. Another good thing about today is that it is Friday. This means that I can take a shower then crash on my bed and sleep.

I finally arrive home in my black mustang that we had sent from Virginia. I pull up and Edward takes my car to the garage. After unlocking the front door, I step into the house and make my way to the elevator. I wasn’t joking when I said I would go to sleep right when I got home. I am exhausted and also, I have an excruciating headache.

The light from the rising sun reaches my eyes and wakes me. Pulling the covers over my eyes, I try to hide from the rays. After the useless struggle, I stagger out of bed and to the bathroom. Great, my vision is blurry. After washing my face, I put on my glasses to aide my impaired vision.

I wiggle into a pair of blue, pastel jeggings. Next, I slip into an oversized, white sweater. I lean forward and gather my long, chocolate brown hair together and put it into a messy bun. I grab my phone and laptop from their chargers and stroll toward the elevator.

I fix a cup of black tea and add the amounts of milk and honey that I prefer. I sit at one of the stools at the bar of the kitchen and sip my tea. I log into my laptop and pull up tumblr. I am absolutely in love with tumblr.

I’ve been blogging on tumblr for about twenty minutes when the elevator dings. Soon after, Blake walks in the kitchen, fully clothed.

“Morning, Car,” he greets with a smile.

“Morning,” I retort while returning his smile.

I turn back to my laptop but still look at Blake through my peripheral. He grabs an apple and takes a massive bite from it. He makes a face of disgust at the apple and throws it away; must have been a bad apple.

“Hey, Car, do you want to go to Starbucks and work on the R&J paper?”

“Umm, yeah sure,” I say and we saunter to the elevator and Blake presses the button for our floor.

Once in my room, I slip on a pair of lavender toms and brush my teeth for the second time today. I grab my leather bag, which I use as a backpack, and slip my laptop into it. I meet Blake downstairs and we gather into his car.

We arrive at Starbucks and get a booth. This Starbucks is bigger than the ones I’ve been to. I love the smell of coffee but I can’t tolerate the taste; it’s repulsive. Blake excuses himself and walks to the line to order.

I set my laptop and R&J note and the book on the table for use. I use up most of the table with my notes.

The bell on the door dings, signaling that someone has entered, and Holden and Lena walk in. I guess they had the same idea as us. Lena spots me and pulls Holden toward our large booth. Just then, Blake comes over with two cups of, what looks to be tea. He hands one to me and I thank him.

“Hey, guys, are y’all working on the Romeo & Juliet paper?” asks Lena while her and Holden sit down with us. They would be such a cute couple. I know that Lena likes him because she told me and it is obvious that Holden likes her from the way he looks at her.

“Yeah, we are. Are y’all?” asks Blake.

“Yeah,”

We start our papers; mine and Blake’s is explaining that Romeo and Juliet were in love and Lena and Holden’s is explaining that Romeo and Juliet were only infatuated with each, not in love.

We have been working for about twenty minutes. I feel a phone vibrate and see that it’s Blake’s. From where I sit, I have a perfect view of his phone. It’s a text form Lena saying ‘They look so much alike’. Blake then looks between Holden and me.

“We don’t look alike,” I argue.

“If y’all were the same gender, you would look exactly the same,” retorts Lena.

“Fine let’s go get a blood test done, Holden,” I say while gathering my stuff.

“Why?” he whines.

“So we can prove that we are not related.”

Holden and I are sitting in chair across from each other, getting a bit of blood taken. I hate needles but I need to prove them wrong. Holden isn’t looking too well; I think blood makes him squeamish.

“Alright, we are done,” says the nurse beside me. She pulls the needle from my forearm and Holden’s nurse does the same.

“When should we know?” I ask, a bit anxious.

“We will call you within the next two hours with results,” she says with a smile.

“I have to say, you two really do look alike,” she adds.

All four of us left the doctor’s office and drove to the estate. We have been working on our papers, well sort of. Blake did the second half; one, because I did the first half and two, because I cannot focus until we have those results.

Suddenly, my phone blares out my set ringtone. I scurry to retrieve it from the kitchen counter. It’s the doctor’s office. I answer and put it on speaker as everyone gathers around my phone.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hello. I am calling to speak with Carter Jameson,” says my nurse from earlier.

“This is she,” I reply.

“The results are back from the blood tests,” she utters. Is she going continue with the results or make me wait forever?

“And…”

“Mr. Holden Smith and you are indeed siblings. To be specific, you two are twins.”

Author's Note: Hey guys! thanks for reading and please give feedback c:

What bands or singers do yall listen to? Ive been trying to listen to some different stuff c:

~Alexx