Chapter 2

Chapter two

Chloe's POV

It took us an hour and a half to set up everything. Kit and I set up our fairly big tent, Tori and Aunt Lauren set up lawn chairs and and our hammock, leaving Simon and Derek to set up our Dining tent. Then all of us unloading the utility trailer. It went pretty good, working together to get the job done.

For supper, Aunt Lauren and I made hamburgers on the mini barbecue and a side of salad, which filled us up pretty good.

That evening we kind of did our own things Tori read magazines accompanied by Simons music on his boom box as he laid on the hammock, Aunt Lauren and Kit played cards, which left Derek and I to ourselves- we didn't know what to do. Derek did not want to risk walking through the forest incase we had an encounter with other supernaturals. It would danger all of us. I agree with him on that.

Then I suggested "Uhm, maybe we could go on a walk on the to the beach, taking the road."

"Yeah that sounds alright, but if I sense anyone coming we're turning around." Derek said slightly emotionless, at the start but then stern as he mentioned sensing anyone. Simon gave him a thumbs up, trying to resist a smile. Simon's very supportive of his brother, and about Derek and I's relationship even through what happened between him and I. He's a very good friend that I don't want to lose.

When we arrive at the beach Derek reaches down and touches my hand, unsure, which I take as a request to hold it. Our fingers interlock and my heart beats a beat faster than usual.
The beach looked quite different from the last time I saw it, which is an inaccurate assumption, due to the fact that the last time I walked through the sand on this beach, was 12 years ago.

Derek inhales and exhale quietly and at a speed a little slower than usual, meaning that he's finally relaxing. I love listening to it and seeing his chest move in and out, knowing that even though we're both quite awkward with each other at times, we can be completely honest at others just speaking, truthfully. Like how Derek was with me when I was upset about my mom. Derek and I see past each others flaws.

"So" Derek says aimlessly trying to find something to talk about.

"So I think this is our first date" I blurt out, then suddenly feel stupid for saying it.

"Yeah I guess" Derek says, "I have an idea, hop on my back." He says as he bends down very far basically hitting the ground.

I jump on his back- awkwardly, and he has to do a little adjustment to the placement of his hands, which hold my legs so that I don't fall.

He starts running pretty fast and I start getting a little nervous about falling off, so I hold on to him harder. He understand that so he tightens his grip on my legs and runs faster. I feel the wind passing through my hair, and clothes. Then I feel myself smiling and starting to loosen up.

I hear something that surprises me, Derek is laughing. I think we're starting to feel more comfortable with the whole "Dating" thing, and that its just like being friends (which we are still) but deeper emotions towards each other- which I don't know how deep my emotions are for him. I care, and worry about him, but I don't know if I love him in the way other than a friend. And I don't know how deep his emotions are for me. But I push that thought aside because we just started dating, can there be such deep emotions right away? I don't let it bother me. I laugh too, because if someone else were here we'd probably look ridiculous, but I don't care because I'm happy, things feel right with him. Derek respects me, and my limits, and for that I'm very lucky. Even though I may look like I have the body an eight year old.

I suddenly realize my surroundings, which don't look familiar but the scenery is beautiful.

Derek comes to a stop, "It's called the Grotto" he announces as he starts to let go of me and I jump off his back. He takes my hand in his to bring me to a railing, and I suddenly see an incredible view.