Chapter 1

Liam

"Leeeyyyyuuuuummmmm!!" Louis called me. "Wake up now! Or I'll wake you the hard way!"

"Go away!" I groaned.

"Alright" I heard Louis say and then I heard footsteps come in. Oh God! Oh God! I forcefully opened my eyes only to feel cold water being splashed on my face. Great! Now I am soaking wet!

With a satisfied smirk, Louis and the lads walked away. I am soooooooo going to kill them!

I got up and dashed out of the room. I didn't care that I was soaking wet. Life lessons people: I am not a morning person.

I recovered my wits when I saw Mum, Dad, the lads, Andy and my best mates from school, and my girl best friend... Sophia..

"Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu!!... Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu!!... Happy Birthday dear... Daddy Direction!! Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu!!!!!!" The lads started to sing aloud. Even my parents and friends were singing along for my 20th birthday.

The lads squashed me in a hug, not caring that I was soaking wet. They didn't forget my birthday!

"Go change Li, we are starving for that delicious cake mum made for you" Ruth said.

"Alright fine" I said turning around.

"Wait!" I heard a voice call. Was it Sophia?

"Take... t-this Liam.. its...m-my present f-for you" she was blushing as she said.

"Sophie? What's wrong?"

"N-nothing"

"Is this my only present?" I asked, a hint of redness formed soon my cheeks as well. The lads expressions made me think.What's gotten into me today? Why am I acting so... cheeky? I was brought back to reality when I felt a kiss on my cheek.

Bloody hell!! Did Sophia Smith just kiss me on the cheeks in front of them?!

Now I am as good as dead. The lads are not going to spare me! That' for sure...

"THREE CHEERS TO MOMMY DIRECTION EVERYONE!" Louis suddenly called out making my older sisters laugh out loud. I knew it. It's inevitable if you are living with these four idiots called my best mates. But that's what makes them special. It makes them my best mates. I turned to defend Sophia "That is my best friend lad!"

"Is not!"

"Is to!"

"Is not!"

"I am Sophia... you must be Louis... Liam has told us all about you four" she interrupted our argument.

I recovered my wits again "Sophia, This is Louis... That's Niall..." we walked around, each of the lads hugging her.

"That's Zayn an that's Harry" I introduced her to the lads. I know! We're world famous! But you should introduce your best friends to each other right? That's etiquette!

"It was my pleasure meeting you all... I gotta go Liam.. I'll see you soon, Bye!" Sophia sad and walked out of the door. What happened? Why is she acting so... weird? She is carefree and that's what I love about her. But what's wrong with her now?

"Now, You! Liam James Payne! owe us an explanation!" I heard Harry say as I walked back in to properly celebrate my twentieth birthday.