Chapter 3

Dedicated also to @AnaBanana013 

______________________________________

Sophia

While I was making out with Brian, I heard Louis talk "She deserves so much more than that looser, doesn't she?"

What??

I turned to face the two friends only to see Louis slap Liam in the face. But I saw something else too.

The tears that streamed down Liam's face.

"Liam James Payne.... my mate can't cry on the day he was born... Don't just stand there! Get her back lad!" Louis whisper yelled, but I heard him. I realised what I did.

I made Liam sad.

Just like he asked me to.

"Good show babe" Brian told me after Liam left.

"Just don't forget, if you cross the line....." he looked menacingly into my eyes. It was obvious that he was threatening me. That he'll hurt Liam.

After that he just walked away. Just like that.

And I broke down on the grassy floor of Liam's backyard. I leaned onto the tree that Brian pushed me to.

"Wh-what did ah-I do?" I was sobbing to myself.

I can't let him hurt Liam. My Liam.

My.... everything....

A strangled sob escaped from my mouth as I felt a pair of hands twist around me.

I looked up to see two hazel eyes staring back with concern.

"I saw Li and Lou come back and I had a feeling that something must have happened and I got it right" Zayn said  in his thick Bradford accent.

The tears just didn't stop there and I only sobbed harder.

"Shhh..." he cooed and pulled me to his shoulder.

"Do you wanna tell me what is wrong?" He asked.

I recollected myself. "I... at first I thought I loved Brian and he loved me back but.... but he just used me..." I sobbed once. I have to continue for at least someone should know my side.

"He never denied that I was his toy... and so... I went to stay at Liam's place for sometime where he admitted his feelings for me.."

I leaned further into his shoulder and Zayn hugged me tighter as I went on with my rambling.

"I... I..." I couldn't complete my tale as he suddenly asked a question.

"What are your feelings for Liam?"

And I knew the answer to it. The truest one.

"I'm in love with Liam"

Liam

It's been three months since my birthday and now, we still have ten or something shows left for the Take Me Home tour. And next week is Christmas.

And I'm trying to forget whatever happened.

I said I'm trying. That doesn't mean I actually did. Oh, and Zayn is helping me very much by distancing himself from me, ya know? Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I was interrupted from thinking things as Niall came and sat next to me. "What up Li?" He asked.

"Nothing Ni" I told him.

"Talk to him mate. Maybe if you just did, he might tell you what's wrong" he said. I was gobsmacked. How did he just read my mind?

I looked outside the window to see Zayn standing with a phone in his hand. Who is he talking to? Time for investigation.

"Please! I need to tell him!" He was shouting. He paused for a reply.

"L-listen... he is heartbroken from what happened, alright? And I can't see him like that!" Oh really, Zayn?

"Sophia! Please!" He said, stamping his foot on the floor. Sophia!!!?? Wait, my Sophia?!!??

He turned around (to walk in, I guess) and that's when the phone dropped from his hands.

He is in deep shit now.

I and Niall were standing right in front of the exact spot where he was.